Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING: New Armi Sport Enfield Stocks...

Well, Saturday I received the stock blank from Armi Sport to correctly contour to become their new master stock, at least that's the theory behind this endeavor. It was inletted about 95% but otherwise pretty oversized and still rough containing plenty of mill marks to enjoy. Since no parts were supplied I am using a customer's Armi that is to be defarbbed to supply the parts for it so I can fit things to their parts. Should have it back to them in a couple of weeks and we'll see what happens. The latest batch of Armi Enfs I have gotten are using their stock dimensions form last year so things are back to normal. But there are still some of the goofy stocks on the racks and probably in the warehouses.

And on the shelves for sale. I saw them @ Cedar Creek last month & Ft. Branch this past weekend. The picture that was posted just doesn't do it justice in my opinion. I saw the new Enfield above a M1861 Springfield and the difference was troubling to say the least.
    Mike Barnes
    44th VA / 25th OH

Blanket Collector (hoarder)

You are correct. One really needs to look at the stock from all angles to get a feel for how far off it actually is.
    Armi Sport will get it sorted out. In the meantime, make other arrangements if you have to have an Armi Sport Enfield.
    There are plenty of older ones floating around, or will be after Gettysburg in mid-2013 when the great sell-off begins.
    Craig L Barry

Author: The Civil War Musket: A Handbook for Historical Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Craig L Barry View Post
    You are correct. One really needs to look at the stock from all angles to get a feel for how far off it actually is.
    Armi Sport will get it sorted out. In the meantime, make other arrangements if you have to have an Armi Sport Enfield.
    There are plenty of older ones floating around, or will be after Gettysburg in mid-2013 when the great sell-off begins.
    You mean when the ACW replica long arms bubble bursts? Go short!!!

I just received word from Rino Chiappa of Armi Sport (Chiappa Firearms) that they are currently retooling based on my defarbbed stock and should go into production with the corrected stocks in April. We shall see...
    I have recently received 2 new Pedersoli MS rifles to defarb. They took care to make a decent lock stamp but the wood to metla fit on both was worse than the old Euros. One has the nipple angled so far back that the hammer only contacts the forward edge abd it is very hard to get a wrench in to remove it. But, they are the only game in town if you want a MS right now unless Armi Sport takes my advice and drops that Zuove and makes a better MS.

I just received word from Rino Chiappa of Armi Sport (Chiappa Firearms) that they are currently retooling based on my defarbbed stock and should go into production with the corrected stocks in April. We shall see...
    I have recently received 2 new Pedersoli MS rifles to defarb. They took care to make a decent lock stamp but the wood to metla fit on both was worse than the old Euros. One has the nipple angled so far back that the hammer only contacts the forward edge and it is very hard to get a wrench in to remove it. But, they are the only game in town if you want a MS right now unless Armi Sport takes my advice and drops that Zuove and makes a better MS.

Whatever happened to the Armi Sport 150th Anniversary line of Enfields that were due out about a year and a half ago?
    Remember the 150th anniversary US Model 1842s, where they made a couple corrections in 2011? Well in 2012 they were
    supposed to introduce their vastly improved Enfield line-up. I sure hope that weirdly shaped swamped stock
    job they were selling last year wasn't it...What a hoot.
    Craig L Barry

Yes, Craig, sadly that was what the swamped stock was according to the guy in Dayton I talked to. They had made some corrections like bluing bands, and double line engraving the lockplate, but then swamped the wood and left the lock saying 1853 ENFIELD etc. They seemed astonished to learn it was not right.

So what does a feller do if he bought one of these swamped stock versions already? (and cannot afford anymore to spend on defarbing)

Bushwhacker, 10th Mo. Inf./Artillery (Conf.)

Fly to Brescia, Italy and beat Rino Chiappa about the head with it? To tell you the truth, you really can't do much
    with them even if you do defarb it. It has a weird figure 8 shape and you can't put the wood back. I guess you could replace the gunstock...

Thank goodness Armi Sport didn't do that with the 1842 "anniversary" edition. I did a review of that one for the next Citizens & Soldiers Digest.
    The 42 was not bad to start (very good actually) and they did not do anything to ruin it, as they did with their Enfield anniversary edition.
    Craig L Barry