Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150th Arkansas Post

Nice job, Bob! With 50,000 Feds attacking only a few thousand Confederates, historically, we need a massive show of Federal force for this event in order to get that picture across to those who attend as participants, as well as spectators. Plus, if you're Fed you get to eat well and wear lots of warm clothing; it will be January, after-all.

Default Federal

I will be happy to show up as Federal, pending school scheduling issues like always. Do we have a foundation impression to target?

Bastian

I don't know what's going on with the Federals. I don't know if there are any established groups, companies or battalions that are planning on going, and if so, what their impression will be. The Federals that fought at Arkansas Post were the same Federals that fought at Chickasaw Bayou. After loosing at Chickasaw Bayou, they steamed north up the Miss. River and then turned into the Arkansas River and attacked Arkansas Post. Contact Dyan at the email address or phone number that I provided to get the scoop on the Federals for this event.

Nic Clark

Just thinking out loud here but it might not be a bad idea for those wanting to do Federal in response to the 19th Ark impression to perhaps form themselves independently. Then it could be arranged that both units face each other perhaps to bring everybody together in this effort. Thoughts?
    Michael Comer

Yes, Mike hit on something so simple, yet so important; if you are wanting to go to Arkansas Post as Federals, you - like those of us forming the 19th Arkansas Inf. - should start to organize. The 19th Arkansas is going to be made up of independent, authentics / hardcores who all want to come together and portray the 19th Arkansas as history says we should; i.e. homemade uniforms, civilians clothing, ingrain carpet blankets, sleeping in the entrenchments, etc. We are in the process of organizing, determining rank structure, etc. For all of you who are going to attend Arkansas Post as Federals, if you do not already have a company or battalion that you belong to that is not going as a whole, but rather you are going on your own, or with a few pards, then follow the lead of those of us forming the 19th Arkansas and start to organize. Invite your pards from all over the country to come and join you at Arkansas Post in January. Determine who will command, who will assist with command, and get 90 of your closest friends to come and support your effort to raise a company for Arkansas Post. And with how the Battle of Arkansas Post ended with 2/3 of the Confederates surrendering while the other 1/3 did not, there's room for planning how that scenario will play out on Sunday of the event. If the independent group of authentic Feds who are opposing the 19th Arkansas want to work out how the two organizations will interact with each other during the battle, and then again during the surrender, that could help make for a great first person experience. But remember, the event has capped total participation at 1,000 total participants. Don't wait until the last minute to try and organize a company or battalion of Federals.

Nic Clark

A Federal adjunct ,portraying the 3rd Missouri (USV) is being formed for Arkansas Post. *We currently have 2 companies forming. *If you would like to join with us, or are interested in forming a company, contact me on the forum, or check us out on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refi...ser=1655557519
    John Spain
    4th Tennessee Infantry, C.S.A. / 25th Indiana Infantry, U.S.A.
    Bitter Brothers Mess
    Jeff Davis Independent Guard

"JWNW"

Matt Bohnert will be commanding "Company A". Greg Richardson will be commanding "Company B" for the 3rd Missouri (USV). More to follow, as numbers continue to grow. Any one planning to come Federal to this event, please consider joining with us.
    John Spain
    4th Tennessee Infantry, C.S.A. / 25th Indiana Infantry, U.S.A.
    Bitter Brothers Mess
    Jeff Davis Independent Guard

"JWNW"

Default Arkansas Post

The 9th Wisconsin Co. B Vol. Inf will be at the event. Thats only 2 hours away for us. The new 2nd Arkansas Btn will also be at that event. Dyan has made me a Federal unit contact for her. SHe is also a member of the 2nd Arkansas Btn.

2nd Arkansas Btn website:
    http://2arkbtn.webs.com/

9th Wisconsin Website
    www.9thwisc-ark.webs.com

Capt. Hardage
    9th Wisc/ 9th Ark