Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 150th BGA Gettysburg: Murray's Brigade

Of course you would, you Pinko....!
    Julio C. Zangroniz, Independent Photojournalist
    www.zphotos.smugmug.com
    Jzangroniz@comcast.net

I have a question... If we are going to be on the move, and switching out impressions from our Iron Brigade Hardee hats to 12th Corps forage caps, what are we expected to do with our $100 Tim Bender army hats? I hate to crush mine by shoving it in my knapsack the last day of the event, if it even fits in there. It may be a dumb question, just asking.
    Mike Phineas
    Arlington, TX
    24th Missouri
    Army of the Frontier
    www.24thmissouri.org

\"The floggings will continue until morale improves...\"

Leave them in a nice pile, by size, so when the Southern Division marches by we can "watch" them for you
    S. Chris Anders
    Southern Division
    www.southerndivision.org
    http://www.civilwarhenrico.com/

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. - Niccoló Machiavelli, The Prince. 1537.

Mike,

Over the years, I've 'watched' all sorts of things in my tent for an army on the move--from cased colors to banjos to skinhead drums to boxed cigars, homemade pies and rum rations.

500 Hardee Hats might be a bit much to manage. But somewhere in all this, provision has been made for y'all to have a static HQ area, so a solution can be found.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

These replies are fascinating...! Especially yours Anders! Seriously, is this much ado about nothing or do I have a valid question? Of course I have my own solution, but brigade HQ may not like it.
    Mike Phineas
    Arlington, TX
    24th Missouri
    Army of the Frontier
    www.24thmissouri.org

Mike-Rob Murray and I have talked about this very topic. I won't blast what we're working on out there for the world to see as I don't want to step on toes or speak for Rob. Rest assured though that we have what we think will be a pretty simple solution. (and it does not involve Anders giving up his sexy officers kepi for a Hardee I did 19th Indiana at Anders High Tide event and had the same worries when we switched impressions mid-event so I know where you're coming from.

Best regards,
    Bob Minton
    Army of the Ohio
    Hold onto your hat mess

Mike,

It really is a valid question--and one raised before you expressed concern.

Once The Moostache said my idea of recruiting 50 hat check girls might be problematic and promote desertion from the ranks, higher military minds took up the problem.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Strawfoot View Post
    I have a question... If we are going to be on the move, and switching out impressions from our Iron Brigade Hardee hats to 12th Corps forage caps, what are we expected to do with our $100 Tim Bender army hats? I hate to crush mine by shoving it in my knapsack the last day of the event, if it even fits in there. It may be a dumb question, just asking.
    We already have a secret wall tent for just this purpose Mike, not to worry.
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Oh Ok... That sounds like it's going to be about as easy to find my hat in that pile as it was to find my knapsack in the pile after Rich Mountain lol...! You guys should do stand up!
    Mike Phineas
    Arlington, TX
    24th Missouri
    Army of the Frontier
    www.24thmissouri.org

Quote Originally Posted by Strawfoot View Post
    Hi Mike,
    One of the things the brigade is working on. The final decision will be made by each battalion commander.
    This is one of the challenges with portraying two different brigades for the event. If we move it will not be a 4 mile march so I don't think your hat will be get damage.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks
    Joe Beedle

1st and 2nd Minnesota