Thread: Civil War Ball in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

Default Civil War Ball in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

Step back in time with the National Watch & Clock Museum in Columbia, Pennsylvania as we present an American Civil War Ball on June 22, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM. It matters not whether you support the Union or Confederacy as we come together to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the burning of the Columbia-Wrightsville Bridge and honor the fighting men and women presented in the Museumís Enlisting Time exhibit. Period attire is encouraged, Blue or Gray.

Musical entertainment will be provided by the Gilmore Light Ensemble. (http://gilmoreslightensemble.com/)

Donít worry about not knowing the proper dance etiquette for the ball, as the Victorian Dance Ensemble will be present to assist all attendees with the dances. The Victorian Dance Ensemble demonstrates and teaches dances of the mid-19th century. Many of the members belong to Union, Confederate or civilian Civil War reenactment units, while others are interested in the Victorian era or vintage dancing. Most of the members of the VDE reside in Pennsylvania but we also have dancers from Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey. New York, and Virginia. (http://www.civilwardance.org/)

Attendees to the ball will be able to take advantage of punch, cash bar and hor dourves throughout the eveningís entertainments. Tickets are $30 per couple or $20 for individuals. Tickets are on sale at www.nawccstore.org or can be purchased in person at the Museum. Call 717-684-8261 ext. 211 for information and tickets. Visit www.museumoftime.org for details.

Oh, please do post photos for all of us to enjoy when the event concludes!
    Eli Heagy
    187th PV

The 137th NY performed way, way better than the 20th Maine at Gettysburg. They just didn't have a self promoting blow hard of a Col. leading them.
    "I didn't do my homework when I was in school. And, you expect me to do yours for you? Not happening."

Default Get ready for the ball

To help everyone get ready for this ball (or any others), we can send you a FREE Civil War Dance Manual by email: Info@CivilWarDance.org. It has basic instructions for various formation dances and links to online videos.

We will post photos of the ball. To see photos of our recent ball in the Pennsylvania Capitol or our demonstration at the Smithsonian American Art Museum, visit our website at www.CivilWarDance.org.

Larry Keener-Farley
    Dance Master, Victorian Dance Ensemble
    2011 Reenactment Unit of the Year