Thread: Get Paid for Living History in Wyoming

Default Get Paid for Living History in Wyoming

I would like to make our announcement calling for all living historians who love western Civil War history and also love interacting and educating the public to attend our annual living history event on Friday November 30th and Saturday December 1st. The event will be held on the original grounds of Fort Caspar (Platte Bridge Station) and is called our annual “Candlelight Christmas”.

This is a unique opportunity as it is one of the rare times in which the museum takes down the barriers and opens the fort buildings to the reenactors and the public. What also makes this a fun event is it is all done after dark each night, under garrison candlelight with the cold winter air nipping at the reenactors and public.

The event will have a period blacksmith, cavalry, and infantry demonstrations in addition to a mountain howitzer which was used frequently at the fort.

In order to show our commitment and to express our “Thanks” in attending this event, we are offering fuel/mileage compensation by paying all out of town reenactors $0.55 per mile from your house to our event and back (round trip compensation).

Our uniform guidelines, regulations, and expectations are listed on the reenactor registration website at www.fortcaspar.com. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at any time.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Steve Dacus
    11th Ohio Cavalry (6th Ohio: 1st Battalion)
    Casper, Wyoming
    Cell: 307-262-1725
    www.11thohiocavalry.com
    www.fortcaspar.com

So, from my house in Pennsylvania, it's 1781 miles each way. If I show up you'll pay me, $1951.10 to come out there for 48 hours? I just want to make sure before I start making plans and scheduling vacation time for the trip. I checked my calculator twice.
    Eli Heagy
    187th PV

We welcome any and all new members and visitors, come see us:

http://thecommonground.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnsguard View Post
    So, from my house in Pennsylvania, it's 1781 miles each way. If I show up you'll pay me, $1951.10 to come out there for 48 hours? I just want to make sure before I start making plans and scheduling vacation time for the trip. I checked my calculator twice.
    Dang! You beat me to it! For me, it would only cost them $1,003.75, so clearly, I am a better bargain for this gig. Sitting by the phone, just in case....

B.C. Milligan
    Xenophon Mess

You got me. I was hoping people who were seriously interested would reffer to the website which actually states the following on the registration page at http://www.fortcaspar.com/Reenactor_Registration.html:

Fuel Compensation
    In order to ease the burden of coming to our events, we offer a fuel compensation at $0.55/mile for those who carpool and half that rate ($0.28/mile) for those who come by themselves. The maximum compensation per vehicle is set at $500. The mileage rate will be based on where you will be coming from (Per your registration) to the grounds of Fort Caspar. If in question, the mileage will be based on www.mapquest.com. In order to receive the mileage compensation, all participants must register using the form below.

Again thanks for calling me out on my ommision and for those who are still interested, keep registering! We still have spots open for Infantry (representing the 3rd US Vols. "Galvanized Yankees") and civilians who have appropriate 1860's attire.

Steve Dacus
    11th Ohio Cavalry (6th Ohio: 1st Battalion)
    Casper, Wyoming
    Cell: 307-262-1725
    www.11thohiocavalry.com
    www.fortcaspar.com

Just to make it perfectly clear, I think it is great you guys are offering mileage -- I have never seen such an offer before. I was not so much intending to make fun of you, as to just simply make some fun.

I hope you get a good turnout of dedicated reenactors. If I lived about 900 miles closer, I would certainly do my best to be there!

Touch the elbow,

B.C. Milligan
    Company K, First Penna. Reserves

Steve,

Your site is a bit too cumbersome to plow through if you expect folks to get the fine details of the offer. I did find the fine print earlier this afternoon.

It was also wise to edit it and get that $500 cap in. I've flown with the spinning wheel in checked luggage before.

I hope you get a good turnout.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

Mrs. Lawson,

Thank you for your input. I will be sure to modify and update the website in the next few days to make it more easy to navigate. Any and all criticism is welcomed to learn from and improve for the next time. Although we have not met, from what I have heard from others and seen on this forum, i greatly respect your opinion. Thanks again.

Steve Dacus
    Casper, Wy