Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st Maine Momument Raffle

Default 1st Maine Momument Raffle

Greetings,
    The 1st Maine Cavalry is currently raising funds to erect a monument to the men of the original 1st Maine Cavalry at the battlefield of Aldie, Virginia (Loudoun County). This battle was a small but costly cavalry fight in the early days of the Gettysburg Campaign. Casualties ran high in this fight in both men and horses, including the Colonel of the 1st ME.

Today we are looking to raise $10,000 dollars so that we can put up a permenant marker on that field. To help us raise the funds we are hosting a raffle with prizes from many top vendors in the hobby today. There are muskets, accutrements from Duvall Leatherwork, caps from Starbuck and many other prizes. Tickets are just $10 a piece, and can be ordered from Duvall Leatherwork at: http://duvallleatherwork.com/-strse-...Categories.bok All proceeds will go directly to fund this monument. The drawing will take place on October 26th at the Unison event, but you do not need to be present to win.

It is our hope to have this monument in place for the anniversary of the battle in June, 2013.

(Moderators, if this post is in the wrong folder please move it).

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

I wanted to bump this up to the top. There are some GREAT prizes and this is for an excellent cause, namely honoring the fallen, and helping to ensure the preservation of a currently pristine historical battlefield.
    See the details here:
    http://duvallleatherwork.com/-strse-...Categories.bok

Thanks,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

trying deperately to make/earn/save as much as i can for this!!
    Phil Guenther
    progressively authentic
    Hard Workin Pards
    the Columbia Rifles
    The Living History Guild

For those of you heading to Maryland my Maryland this weekend, please stop by Duvall Leatherworks and pick up a raffle ticket to help support this great cause, and get your chance at winning some top quality gear for only $10!

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

Very Cool and amazing prizes!! Have you guys decided on a monument design/ location on the battlefield?

We've got a month to go on this outstanding opportunity to contribute to preservation while landing yourself some cool gear at the same time! We've got close to $5000 in prizes from some of the top vendors in the hobby today, all for just $10 a chance. If that isn't good enough for you, Nick Duvall, of Duvall Leatherwork is offering a special deal this month. If you buy $300 worth of gear, Nick will throw in two free raffle tickets with your order! How's that for cool...get a chance to win awesome gear, just for buying what you were already going to get anyway!
    Get your tickets here:

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

Bumping this up...excellent opportunity to boost preservation, erect a permanent monument, AND get your hands on some cool CW swag, all for $10 a ticket!

Time is running out guys!

Take care,
    Tom Craig

Shameless bump!

Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

We've got a week and a half left for this raffle. Get your tickets while you can!

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

Just bought my ticket!!! I hope I win! I could most definitely use those great prizes!!
    Your Humble Servant,

Sean R. Otis

124th NYSV Co.A "Orange Blossoms"

Middlesex Lodge F&AM