We have tucked away a bunch of nice 1860s era items and now have enough to justify listing! Only one of most things available, first come, first served. Each item is priced postage paid, which means that postage is included in the price. We can combine shipping. Deduct $1 from prices if you send a money order rather than using paypal.
1. American Tract Society Collection No. 6. Published in the 1820s, this is a full leather bound group of their tracts nos. 156 to 194. Each has a woodcut on the front. These individual tracts were reprinted for years, and sent to the camps by the thousand for free distribution. $15.
2. Slider Eyeglasses. These are the ones found on the campsites, and positively date to the first half of the 19th century. They are made of brass or some sort of alloy and not marked. The measure about 3.5 inches between the outsides of the lenses. Have two pair from the same estate and both are in fine shape needing only cleaning (and maybe replacement lenses.) Priced per pair. $35 or both pair for $60.
3. Gold Frame Eyeglasses. This type is very practical for field wear since the bows will wrap around your ears. These measure about 4 inches between the outsides of the lenses. $25.
4. Large Clipped Point Clasp Knife, marked to HENRY SEARS CO. PRUSSIA which dates as early as 1865. The blade is 4 inches long and closes with a strong, loud snap. Some rust, age brown and edge sharpening on the blade. Heavy wood grips are fine, with an inlaid silver colored shield. This big knife is over 9 inches long when opened! $40
5. Hair Watch Fob with Locket, complete and in excellent condition with both the toggle for the vest button hole and the clasp for the watch. The gold plated locket has some wear to the plating and is set up for a pair of photos. $35.
6. Set of Hand Made Bone Dice. This pair measures .5 inches square and is clearly made by hand. Have three sets of these, priced per set. $12 or $28 if you buy all six.
A few more will be in the military forum.
Again, everything is priced domestic postage paid, and deduct $1 if you do not use paypal. Email (click here) preferred and always faster than PM.