Thread: HELP! Looking for Colorado unit to join

Default HELP! Looking for Colorado unit to join

Hello, I am new to this website as well as reenacting and am looking for a unit in Colorado to join ( if such a unit does exist). Since I am new I will tell you a little about myself. I am 17, have been shooting and hunting since I could remember. I am very interested in the history of the civil war and since being introduced to reenacting on a school trip to Washington D.C I have been very interested in joining. I have read up a little on the required gear and some basic rules. If possible I would like to join either a Calvary or sharpshooter unit as I am planning on purchasing a sharps replica and would like to use that, and if a Calvary unit is available I have several very broke horses I could use. Any help is much appreciated thank you.

Near Hanover, PA

"Grumpy" Dave T.

"Yet, despite these small numbers, Kernstown was one of the most decisive engagements of the war. The Confederates, Under Jackson, though soundly defeated, ultimately lost the most. As historian Bruce Catton observed: ‘The victory meant nothing at all, whereas the mere fact that the battle had been fought meant a great deal.’ Indeed, the ramifications of this odd little affair reached all the way to President Lincoln."

Quote Originally Posted by Sharps50 View Post
    ...I would like to join either a Calvary or sharpshooter unit...
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, just give you your first lesson: "Calvary" is a hill. "Cavalry" is a guy on a horse.

Whereabouts in Colorado are you? I'm pretty certain that there are groups in Wyoming too. Google 'em and I think you'll find some good information. Good luck!
    Mel Glover
    -GG grandson of Cpl Christian Greener, 1st Wisconsin Cavalry, Co. F

-Rob Weaver is my guru:
    -" of the characteristics of a good reenactor is the willingness to not be bulletproof."
    -"Be more concerned with your own impression than with anyone else's."
    -"Be a joyful and competent warrior and other reenactors will want to be around you."

We are the 11th Ohio Volunteer Cavalry out of Casper, Wy and frequently go through Colorado for events. We are a mounted unit and are always looking for anyone to like to ride and loves history. Let me know if you are interested. I would be happy to help anyway I can. Thanks!

Steve Dacus
    11th OVC