Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morgan's Raid 150th

Well, I can tell you it's still on. I just checked to get the following information, and I am working to get more (such as a website):

Overall Yankee commander: Sgt. Maj. Kyle Yoho
    Overall Confederate commander: Capt J.R. Sharp

The current plans are for a living history, representing both sides. There may be some drill demonstrations as well as a memorial service / dedication to Morgan's Trail.

My own thoughts are that since the 1st Tennessee Co B will be there in force and loves a good fight, I imagine that if the Yankees are willing to play, it'll be more than just a living history with drill demonstrations.

Default Morgan's Raid 150th Event Update

There will be a 150th commemoration of Buffington Island July 20-21 this year on the Ohio Historical Society and surrounding grounds. Registtration information will be forthcoming very soon. I can confirm that J.R Sharpe and Kyle Yahoo will be commanding the respective forces for the event. The event will include historical intepretation of soldier life, etc., commemoration ceremonies, talks and presentations.

Should you have questions, feel free to contact me at the info below.

Mark Holbrook
    Ohio Historical Society
    614-297-2319
    mholbrook@ohiohistory.org
    Mark Holbrook

49th OVVI
    Pitt Rat Mess

Just to clarify- the event will be in Portland as usual? I have had no luck in attempts to register, however my family's property is on the Meigs raid route, so if nothing else, I plan to stay there & just show up as a dressed-out spectator. I'm glad that the 1st TN is endeavoring to carry on... but I must say, it's a huge disappointment that the state of Ohio dropped the ball on this. Huge.
    "I used to have some Christian feelings towards Yankees, but now that they have invaded our country and killed so many of our men and desecrated so many homes, I can't believe that when Christ said "Love your enemies," He meant Yankees. Of course I don't want their souls to be lost, for that would be wicked, but as they are not being punished in this world, I don't see how else they are going to get their deserts."
    - Eliza Frances Andrews

Rachel Blackwood Shifflett
    Morgan's Men Assoc.

The event is in Portland as usual, but beyond that, all questions need referred to Mark Holbrook above. If you are interested in falling in with the 1st TN, I'd suggest contacting them via their contact page on their website at http://1sttennesseecob.com.