Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morgan's Raid 150th

Hopefully they have Registration open soon. I sent a email to the event organizers as to when registraion was going to open sense it was supposed to July 1st and its not up yet.

Edward Cupp

"We no longer have senators and congressmen who represent our interests. The great project of America has been hijacked by big corporations and the super rich."

Quote Originally Posted by CUPP View Post
    who will be the overall federal commander for the event ? is sharp senior coming out for this one ? or is the 1st Tenn overall command of the federal infantry and militia ?
    I sent an email to the coordinators requesting this information--I'll post their response once I get it.

Would a naval presence be welcomed at this event as we played a major role in stopping Morgan? Just a thought as USS Moose captured artillery and a baggage train and with 4 other tinclads chased them 500 miles up the river.

Geo. Dailey
    actng. Ship's Gunner (western waters)
    www.usnlp.org

Quote Originally Posted by navygunner View Post
    Would a naval presence be welcomed at this event as we played a major role in stopping Morgan? Just a thought as USS Moose captured artillery and a baggage train and with 4 other tinclads chased them 500 miles up the river.

Geo. Dailey
    www.usnlp.org
    You might be best talking to them directly at info@morgan150.com, as I'm just a go-between and don't really have the details other than what's relayed to me. You know the type of impression you want to do the best, so you'd be in a much better position to work out the details directly with them. I did send an email to them with your question and will post their reply once I get it.

As far as the other questions, Edd Sharp (Sharp senior) is one of the top coordinators for the event, but I'm not sure yet if he will be participating as a reenactor. I'll post information about who the Federal and Confederate commanders will be once I receive my reply to that question. This event will be a big one for the 1st Tennessee (particularly since J.R. Sharp--Sharp junior--is captain of the 1st TN), so you can count on our unit being there in force. They'd probably put us before a firing squad if we failed to show, anyhow.

According to the site, registration is open, but they don't have registration forms available yet. I imagine at this point letting them know you plan to be there with your contact information will get a registration form sent to you once they are available--but you'd want to keep an eye on things to make sure you get one filled out. I'd certainly avoid considering being a walk-on. Registration is free before April 1, $25 after April 1, and $125 (wow) if walk-on. I think they're trying to make a point about not being a walk-on.

I have heard back from Edd Sharp on this, and he has given me this information:

The event is kind of in limbo right now as we continue to figure it all out. I will not be involved in any way on the military side for sure. We have a meeting in a few weeks to discuss things I will know more then.

Quote Originally Posted by navygunner View Post

Geo. Dailey
    www.usnlp.org
    Just heard back from one of the organizers on this and they are working on some kind of naval impression for the event. They will know more in a couple of weeks, probably after their meeting. Keep an eye on the website for an update.

I was asked to provide the below update for the 150th Morgan's Raid event at Buffington Island this year:

I apologize to those faithful followers of the 150th Morgan 150 Commemoration event. It has not been easy to overcome several setbacks to our event. We did not receive support of the Union Reenacting organization as we were hoping for. Instead of having another big event for Morgan’s Raid, we have decided to cut it back some, but not cut back our appreciation of those who really support our efforts. In spite of what many have said, OUR EVENT IS NOT CANCELLED, POSTPONED, OR DELAYED. It seems that some have decided to cancel it for us. I assure you that the 150th Morgan Commemoration event is on and our registration is open. The event will still offer every reenactor a great weekend of battle scenarios, and living history opportunities. The size will depend on who chooses to ignore the rumors and support this event. We want all to attend who and enjoy a weekend in Meigs County. All will be welcomed. Please check our website located at www.morgan150.com.We will be updating the web every two weeks as new information as it becomes available to us. If you have any questions, please contact us at info@morgan150.com. We are looking forward to see you all at Ohio’s only Civil War battlefield.
    Something to bear in mind for this event--this is Ohio's only Civil War battlefield.

On the web site it says to still register using the registration tab ? I dont see a registration tab ? No reply for several week through email from the web site ? As far as im concerned the event will not be attended by me at all. Hopefully the 1st Tenn will have some yankees there to at least make the event enjoyable.

Edward Cupp

"We no longer have senators and congressmen who represent our interests. The great project of America has been hijacked by big corporations and the super rich."

Any news on this event?

This is a reminder that Event Announcements concerning the status of the event should be left to the organizers.
    Provost Aide de Camp

Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." >Mark Twain