Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attending New Market

Default Attending New Market

Does anyone know of any progressive CS groups planning on attending New Market? I am looking for a company to fall in with for the weekend.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island, #409 AFM
    Governor Guards
    SCAR, WIG
    www.scareenactors.com
    www.westernindependentgrays.org
    www.governorguards.com

At New Market? No kidding. Really? New Market?

At a wild guess, you wont' find such a thing.
    Eli Heagy
    187th PV

The 137th NY performed way, way better than the 20th Maine at Gettysburg. They just didn't have a self promoting blow hard of a Col. leading them.
    "I didn't do my homework when I was in school. And, you expect me to do yours for you? Not happening."

Yeah I know, I know. I just thought I would ask because I am going to be there anyways and I thought I might participate.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island, #409 AFM
    Governor Guards
    SCAR, WIG
    www.scareenactors.com
    www.governorguards.com

I miss the days when campaigners came out in force to mainstream reenactments. I was a farb back then, but I would look at them and realize they were doing it right. They are some of the reason that I started down the road of authentic reenacting. I miss it.
    Andrew Schultz
    Possum Skinners Mess

Don't tell people you do things "exactly like they did" while standing in front of a wall tent you share with your wife with the four poster bed, cooler, camp stove, and heater etc. Be honest with yourself and the people you are talking to.--Robert Collett, 2010

That event's on the bottom of the totem pole so to speak. "Was that a tractor trailor?"

yeck. your mileage may vary. What's fun to me may not be fun for someone else.
    Eli Heagy
    187th PV

The 137th NY performed way, way better than the 20th Maine at Gettysburg. They just didn't have a self promoting blow hard of a Col. leading them.
    "I didn't do my homework when I was in school. And, you expect me to do yours for you? Not happening."

I have done this many times, and actually had fun....just too many events this year to take another effort on...email the CVG through the website- www.cvgbattalion.com...I think that is it...

Who knows, might be some fellers there....

PArds,
    S. Chris Anders
    Southern Division
    www.southerndivision.org
    www.rearrank.com
    www.marylandmymaryland.org

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. - Niccoló Machiavelli, The Prince. 1537.

Andrew, I hear you, thats how I got my started with C/P/H side of the hobby several years ago. It's always fun to teach people and be a positive influence on them and the hobby in general. I have never been to New Market before and only know what I hear and have seen and I have a very good idea what to expect. My girlfriend was invited to to the living history at the Bushong Farm and I figured I would go and do some sort of impression.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island, #409 AFM
    Governor Guards
    SCAR, WIG
    www.scareenactors.com
    www.governorguards.com

Right attitude. If you know what to expect on the front end your prepred.
    Eli Heagy
    187th PV

Thanks Eli I appreciate that.
    So does anyone need an extra Pvt. for the weekend? I am not "fresh fish" I have 18 years in the hobby.
    Tyler Underwood
    Pawleys Island, #409 AFM
    Governor Guards
    SCAR, WIG
    www.scareenactors.com
    www.governorguards.com

Tyler,(Rufus),
    It was great having you there with us this weekend at New Market! So glad you fell in with PACS and the 42nd Miss. Thank you for fixing my canteen and we were honored to have shared our campfire with you!
    Lt. Todd Wiley
    42nd Mississippi Co. I
    Harrisburg/Gettysburg Pa.