Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gettysburg evernt being "produced"

Eli-it will indeed be different than prior years.....it will be much, much worse....

Regards,
    Bob Minton

Folks,

Gettysburg is what it is and always will be. 5 years ago I put on At High Tide to provide a historical reenactment of the battle. We have close to 2,000 show up.

From all accounts everyone was happy.

But the time I put into that one event I could have put on 5 more....and one aspect that hurt was the number of folks who decided to go to the big show instead...financially crushing Western Maryland Heritage Foundation. AS we never touch spectator money, that goes straight to the charity groups, and we live off of reenactor registration.

Now I have created Rear Rank Productions....we are the force behind Lee Takes Command, Maryland, my Maryland and assist with other events this year.

I toyed with putting on another At High Tide, calling it instead, Anders' Culloden...lol...
    S. Chris Anders
    Southern Division
    www.southerndivision.org
    www.rearrank.com
    www.marylandmymaryland.org

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. - Niccoló Machiavelli, The Prince. 1537.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Minton View Post
    Eli-it will indeed be different than prior years.....it will be much, much worse....

Regards,
    Bob Minton
    "Still goen to the wrong events?"
    Eli Heagy
    187th PV

The 137th NY performed way, way better than the 20th Maine at Gettysburg. They just didn't have a self promoting blow hard of a Col. leading them.
    "I didn't do my homework when I was in school. And, you expect me to do yours for you? Not happening."

At many such large events its not uncommon to have some local film production company(s) involved to create a commemorative DVD or cheap documentary of sorts of a given event to generate more profits. And/Or could be a local generic event management group trying to get its foot in the door...

The verbage contained in this gives the impression that the company in question has been inquired or approached on this endevor... however has not done any research or gleened any understanding on how these things generally operate... Typically used to having to coordinate and hire participants as fodder for whatever film project or event it might be... Also to inquire and try to figure out what things would cost in advance so have idea what to bid it for.... Most likely this company has little to no experience in historical based film fodder... or anything related to reenactments... so is stumbling about...
    Lieut Frederick Sineath
    14th Virginia Infantry Regt Co.I
    - 106th Penna Vol Co.F

Not me Eli, I'm proud to say I was at High Tide, not the GAC event. I don't think I've done GAC in about 10 years.

Regards,
    Bob

Chris,
    If rear rank has anything to do with hosting a Gettysburg event next year, count me in.
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Minton View Post
    Not me Eli, I'm proud to say I was at High Tide, not the GAC event. I don't think I've done GAC in about 10 years.

Regards,
    Bob
    I was at G135 & 140 as a tater and was appalled at the things I saw. What a rape of history and the honored dead still on the battlefield on that hill in town. But, hey, you get what you pay for now don't you? G140 was the reason I took the direction I did in re'nacting. "Anything goes" isn't history, your mileage may vary.
    Eli Heagy
    187th PV

The 137th NY performed way, way better than the 20th Maine at Gettysburg. They just didn't have a self promoting blow hard of a Col. leading them.
    "I didn't do my homework when I was in school. And, you expect me to do yours for you? Not happening."