This is a report from yesterday after that deal fell though.
With this outfit a <i>mainstream</i> reenactor will only need a shirt, fork, knife, canteen, blanket and a belt to be a completely outfitted Son of the South. Here is what is for sale:
1. A 3 band Navy Arms .58 caliber Enfield, "still farbed", in very good condition.
2. A natural leather .58 caliber cartridge box with attached natural leather sling.
3. a black cap box
4. an Enfield bayonette
5. a springfield bayonette scabbard for the enfield bayonette
6. 2 dishes, one "US" and the other blue ceramic finished.
7. Mechanic's hat, size X-large
8. Grey socks, size 9.5
9. Haversack, plain
10. shoes, size 9.5 with new heels (held up well at Shiloh)
11. "Canvas" musket sling, new
12. Butternut Jacket, size 41
13. Spare suspenders
14. Butternut canvas pants, size 36w x 31 l with suspenders
I'm selling the whole kit for $649. I am not willing to part it out.
The buyer will get two boxes. The 1st box will be the gear shipped via USPS certified. The 2nd box with the musket will be via UPS. Shipping for the gear is $20 and the musket is $35.
Leave a PM with a cell or phone number.
Thanks for looking
Holt (Metro Lansing), Michigan