Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE BGA Shiloh

Default UPDATE BGA Shiloh

Here is a map showing the registration site and entrance to all camps. WE have surpassed 6150 paid registration and all is in place and ready for your arrivals.... AA Shiloh Event Map final .jpg

Brig. Gen. Terry Crowder

Incredible, and ditto on the big thanks to the Ways and Terry Crowder and all the other folks who have been working so hard. I began hoping for great things when our home company - the Alamo Rifles - registrations kept coming in. The most men we have ever had at a national event has been 18, until now. For Shiloh we have 34 paid registrations. Like I said, Incredible. I don't think our hobby is fading away. What a way to kick off 2012!

Phil McBride
    The Alamo Rifles

Non-military affiliated civilians should use which entrance? It looks like the U.S. entrance would be closer to the three "civilian" areas, but I don't like to assume.

Ideally I'm asking about Purdy, TN... or as close as I'll be able to get, since I'll be arriving after Purdy closes to modern vehicle traffic.

Again, THANK YOU for your hard work! I'm beyond excited for this event.
    -Elaine Kessinger

All Purdy Civilians will come in the Federal entrance.You can then park in either Federal Parking or Confederate. Just depends on your walking preferences.

Please remeber to all readers - Purdy is CIVILIAN ONLY. Guidelines posted on the website will be enoforced.
    Robert Orrand
    Forrest Camp #215, SCV
    Mayor of Dover, Little York, Purdy, Raymond, LaFayette - and now, Gettysburg
    4th TN CSA - Co A - Shelby Greys

Mayor Orrand- Thanks for clarifying that.
    -Elaine Kessinger

Elaine,

If the medical men with whom you are riding are going to deposit any equipment in the WIG camp before they go to their muster point, you are about 300 yards across an open field to Purdy. We've placed the Athaneum site against the first thin treeline and you'll be able to walk right in the back door.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

Default Trailer Parking

I am looking at the map provided by Terry and see the designated parking areas for both Confederates and Federals. My question is: Within those designated areas is there going to be an area set aside for people having to park horse trailers? If there has not been an area set aside, can there be some consideration giving to those of us who have to park a truck with horse trailers?
    Having been to several events where they have intermingled cars with trucks and horse trailers there is always a problem with spacing, turning radius etc.

Just a thought.
    Bill Jordan

yee of little faith......Bill, I know you know that Terry has been hauling horses and running large cavalry events with horse trailers for DECADES...... Chuck Warnick, Boo Hodges, et al are keenly aware of the hundreds of pick -em up trucks and trailer's for the cannon cockers.....

there's still cavalry men around here that talk about the old 7th ILL Cavalry and Carl's semi trailer sized stock trailer jammed full of horses.....
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Default Parking

RJ,
    It is not those guys I worry about, it is the well-meaning volunteers at the parking areas that may not know. I know at these big events it is usually degrades to parking in a pell-mell fashion with people having no consideration for those "big rigs". I have people park right against my trailer, to where I cannot tie a horse up or having them park close enough to the trailer to complain when the horse takes a crap in close proximity to their ride.
    Just a word of advice for the folks, if you see a horse trailer and you have a hankering to park nearby, please give some consideration as to the possibility of someone tying a horse to the trailer and give adequate distances.
    Bill Jordan

Bill,

I remember designated areas being discussed at the last work weekend. I'm betting they just aren't on this Map.

I agree it's often a problem. We actually used our cars to box out the area needed for a rig hauling dual trailers. Got way back in parking so we would not interfere with others. End of event, Loaded up the freight wagon, ready to leave, and drove the team out to parking.

Only to find some little compact had nosed right up to the trailer gate. Instead of getting out timely, we had to wait for the guy with the little bitty car to finish his shopping and show up. The lay of the land was such that we could not pull out and be able to load at the correct angle.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads