Thread: Cannoneers and Bugler needed for Shiloh

Default Cannoneers and Bugler needed for Shiloh

Burrough's Battery is looking for a few good cannoneers to help us man our guns at the BG 150th Shiloh. We are doing horse drawn artillery with 2 field guns.
    We also need a Bugler, preferably mounted, but walking is ok too. Must know the Artillery calls. I have a reproduction bugle he/she could use.

Contact me at: akm556@aol.com

Thank you,
    Steve
    Burrough's Battery

Steve
    I wish I could help. We have one gun and 13 people goung to the AoT Shiloh. If you want to bring one of your guns over they are alowing walk-ons.
    Bill Heard
    Schoolfields Battery

Default Navy cannoneers available

Bob Dispenza with the USNLP "UNIONNAVY" on this forum in the special impressions area is NCWAA certified. Battery D 1st Michigan is bringing 2 guns with 21 ppl might check with them.

Geo. Dailey
    Battery D 1st Michigan light artillery
    U S Naval Landing Party
    Navy/Marine Living History Association

Too bad Pete Peterson is riding for a CSA General....he would be perfect. I had a West Coast artillery bugler coming to Shiloh, but he had to cancel a few months ago....accomplished equestrian.
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Bill,
    Thanks for the invite. I would love to take the field with you guys again. We are already planning on going to eh BGA one. I wish there was only one. Are you going to the Dept of East Tennessee school of the soldier on March the 10 at Ramsey house? We plan to bring a gun and a few horses to drill there as well. This will help train the horses for the new season.

RJ, yes that is too bad. If you come up with anyone else let me know. I would love to have a bugler. For the past 6 months I have called the horses to Stable Call. It works really well, no more chasing them around for half and hour. Now they come running.

George,
    Thanks for the lead I will contact him.

Thank you,
    Steve

Go call on Pete in the CSA camp, or myself in the Federal camp...ask for Stables to be sounded at whatever times you want......we sound them in the Federal Cavalry camp....Watering Call as well.... GrandDad taught us to take care of the stock first....then yourself.
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

I'm going to drilling this saturday at Ramsey House. Will be good to see the artillery there and I'll be talking with you.

Jeff Burress
    63rd Tenn Vol Inf CSA

Steve, We will have an extra non bugle artyman available in Reilly's battery. If you are still in a jamb at the event come over and find me or Jim Workman.

Harry
    Member 5th Texas Co. A/1st NC Artillery. Disabled Viet Nam veteran, 1970. I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4UcaLHaabY

Jeff,
    Sorry I did not make it to the drill. I had 2 trailer pullers back out on me the last day. I can not pull everything myself. If you are interested you can email me directly. My address is: AKM556@aol.com

Harry thanks for the offer. We will see what we have going on there. It looks like we have enough as of now, but we will see who shows up there. I still need a bugler.

Take care,
    Steve