Thread: Assistant Surgeon Keith Pavulak 1963-2012

Default Assistant Surgeon Keith Pavulak 1963-2012

It is with great sadness that I report the loss of a member of my department.

Assistant Surgeon Keith Pavulak died suddenly this past Sunday, February 12, 2011.

His wife has provided me with the following link to his obituary.

http://www.fosterwarnefuneralhome.co...52&fh_id=10595

Keith came to me last year, having previously served with the ANV. He wanted to improve his impression and from his first event with the Southern Division at First Manassas, serving with me in the 4th Alabama, he served admirably on the field even in the most extreme conditions. He also joined us at Leesburg, working hard to move his impression forward and setting an example for the rest of the medical officers in the reenacting community to follow.

I have rarely met a reenactor who, coming from an established impression with a mainstream unit, worked as hard as he did to improve his impression to accurately reflect the Confederate Medical Department of 1861-62.

I know many of you knew him and served with him upon the field. His loss will be felt not only by me and my department, but by the Southern Division as a whole. His shoes will not be easy ones to fill.

My thoughts and prayers go to him and his family at this time.

I remain,

Your Obedient Servant,
    Harry Aycock

Medical Director Bee's Brigade - 150th First Manassas
    Medical Director Evans' Brigade - 150th Leesburg
    Medical Director Valley District - 150th McDowell
    Chief Surgeon of Division - 150th Seven Pines/Seven Days
    Chief Surgeon of Division - 150th Sharpsburg
    Chief Surgeon Heth's Division - 150th Gettysburg

Chief Surgeon
    Southern Division

My Prayers are with his family as well...he was a true gentleman and will be greatly missed. I am at a loss for words.
    S. Chris Anders
    Southern Division
    www.southerndivision.org
    http://www.civilwarhenrico.com/

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. - Niccoló Machiavelli, The Prince. 1537.

Default Keith

Harry, that is sad news. My condolences to Keith's family and to the other members of the Southen Division's medical department.

As you know, I had the chance to serve with Keith when I was in your medical department as the Assistant Surgeon for the 2nd Miss at First Manassas. I remember Keith as a friendly, gracious person and, indeed, as you stated, someone who genuinely wanted to improve his medical impression to faithfully honor those physicians of old whom we portray.

Rest in peace, Keith.

Thomas

Thomas Federico
    Alpharetta, Georgia
    Armory Guards

Harry,

This is sad news indeed. Keith rode with some of us up to the medical museum in Fredrick, MD during Manassas last year. He was truly a really nice guy and I enjoyed so much meeting him.

I know he leaves behind a wife and young daughter. If you have a chance, please extend my condolences to them.

Dixon Grubbs

bought a pocket kit from. I talked on the phone with him before a really nice guy I am just learning of this and am shocked
    David Meister

Surgeon C.S.A.

1st Assistant Surgeon 108th Regt. Ills. Vols.