Thread: Handmade Braces - Period Sewing Machine

Threaded View

Default Handmade Braces - Period Sewing Machine

For Sale:
    Up for your consideration, are a more economical version of my Braces. These are sewn on a Bradbury New Family Letter "S" hand crank sewing machine, circa 1880. The Bradbury is essentially, a copy of the Singer New Family which was introduced in 1863. These machines both use the transverse shuttle first produced in 1846. This is period stiching and looks really nice, if I do say so myself. Great if your impression is of a soldier or civilian, particularily from the North, that came from a family that had a sewing machine. I use the same 100% cotton homespun facing, off white ticking backing. The thread used is antique 6 cord cotton thread, generally 1890's vintage, button holes are hand stitched. Because the machine is so much faster than handsewing as in my standard braces, I can sell these at $18 per pair, shipped. PM or email
    hbdavis1876@msn.comAttachment 11921Attachment 11922Attachment 11923Attachment 11924 Braces shown are ready for shipment, more will follow if sales warrant. The sewing machine in the photo is the actual machine that I use to sew these. I realize these pics aint the best, I can send bigger ones directly to you that show the sewing and colors better.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by harley_davis; 01-27-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Harley
    5th Minnesota Regt. Vol. Infy.,Co. C
    1st South Carolina Volunteers, Co. H
    New Ulm Battery
    Old West Regulators - Minnesota
    "I love my wife so much, I almost told her the other day!!" Old Norwegian
    http://fifthminnesotacompanyc.webs.com/