Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deconfliction 2013

As we are starting to wind down 1862, we are starting to plan for 1863. It would be nice to see a thread listing events for 63, as we're all trying to figure out where we want to go, where we can go, and even those events where we say "I'd love to do that one but I just can't make it to Missouri", or Maine, or wherever. Would it be possible to do that somewhere on the board?

Gregg Hensley
    22nd NC, Co. K
    Carolina Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    For events I am looking to put together-

May 2013- National Tactical based upon the Chancellorsville Campaign, like the old Recon series- will be limited to 1,500 per side.
    Isn't there still a Chancellorsville reenactment in the planning down by Fredericksburg?

Andy Siganuk

Quote Originally Posted by sigman View Post
    Isn't there still a Chancellorsville reenactment in the planning down by Fredericksburg?

Andy Siganuk
    It looks like it's in the very early stages: http://www.spotsylvania.va.us/conten...8/default.aspx
    M. A. Schaffner
    Midstream Regressive Complainer

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    For events I am looking to put together-

May 2013- National Tactical based upon the Chancellorsville Campaign, like the old Recon series- will be limited to 1,500 per side.
    Chris,
    Has registration opened for this event? If so do you have a link?

Thanks,
    M. Payne

Not much for Fall yet! Join us at Ridley Creek for a cool experience next year. Event happens mid-September, SE Pa. Not far from Media at Gradyville, PA www.colonialplantation.org Take a look at the website!

Andy Siganuk

Quote Originally Posted by sigman View Post
    Not much for Fall yet! Join us at Ridley Creek for a cool experience next year. Event happens mid-September, SE Pa. Not far from Media at Gradyville, PA www.colonialplantation.org Take a look at the website!

Andy Siganuk
    You've got to be kidding me Andy.....Chickamauga has been in full stride for several years now......Ridley Creek is the very definition of Confliction. "Not much for Fall yet!" my bloody ......
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Quote Originally Posted by RJSamp View Post
    You've got to be kidding me Andy.....Chickamauga has been in full stride for several years now......Ridley Creek is the very definition of Confliction. "Not much for Fall yet!" my bloody ......
    Ease up RJ, just referencing the geographic area of SE Pa. in regards to an event. There are a number of close by mid-atlantic reenactors in the area of Ridley Creek who won't be making the trek to Chickamauga. Thus offering a small scale event on a great piece of property to have a cool experience. Thus, not a conflict for those who don't have the resources to make it down to the Chickamuaga event.

Andy Siganuk

Well so far I have not see any Major events for August yet. That said, Chickamauga is not all that close for us in Ohio, but I do not plan on missing that if at all possible. We got almost a full year to gather the resources, and this is coming from a man that lives near the poverty level. It is all about planning ahead.

Also plan on making the very long journey to BGA Gettysburg too. and Chris's Chancellorsville Event in May. So like I said, it is all about planning and setting alittle aside to be ready for them.

Shawn.

Another event in SE Pennsylvania will be Camp Geiger, in Whitehall, PA. It's scheduled for the weekend of May 17-19. For those who haven't attended, it's an opportunity to spend the weekend living and fighting in 1864 style trenches. The event maxes out at about 200 people per side.
    Bill Rodman, If you need a really bad example.
    King of Prussia, PA
    wrodman1@aol.com

If you notice the ORIGINAL topic was only event with 1,000 or more attending. If we go with these smaller event, this will really clutter things up. I could list 20 events with lesser numbers for next year, but that defeats the purpose of the original posters topic.

Shawn