Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deconfliction 2013

Default Deconfliction 2013

In the spirit of Chris Anders 2012 deconflication list......please list all NATIONAL, LARGE (1,000 + reenactors), MILITARY (battle reenactments), ACW events for 2013 (1863). coming up with the 2012 list in late October 2011 is much too late to deconflict.....most planning cycles are one (OK two) + years for these extravaganza's.

When specifically is G150?
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

For events I am looking to put together-

May 2013- National Tactical based upon the Chancellorsville Campaign, like the old Recon series- will be limited to 1,500 per side.
    S. Chris Anders
    Southern Division
    www.southerndivision.org
    http://www.civilwarhenrico.com/

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. - Niccoló Machiavelli, The Prince. 1537.

Chickamauga NMP is planning something BIG.Rumor is that they will recreate a full scale brigade.
    Cullen Smith
    South Union Guard

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake"~W.C. Fields

"When I drink whiskey, I drink whiskey; and when I drink water, I drink water."~Michaleen Flynn 'The Quiet Man'

From the AOT website:

150th Anniversary Events Announced! 
    The Armies of Tennessee has announced plans to host and co-host 150th Civil War Anniversary Reenactments of historical battles in Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. These will be our 150th Anniversary events for 2012 and 2013. All are welcome to attend these :

The 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Murfreesboro will be held near Murfreesboro, Tennessee on September 27th through 29th, 2013. More information to come soon.
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Are there more events out there for '13 now that we are getting closer?
    Mike Schramm

Eli Heagy
    187th PV

We welcome any and all new members and visitors, come see us:

http://thecommonground.proboards.com/

150th Fort Sanders Oct 10-14

http://www.battleoffortsanders.com/Site/Welcome.html

And, there is an Order Number 11 in the works.
    Provost Aide de Camp

»Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." >Mark Twain

The annual Neshaminy event is scheduled for the weekend of April 19-21. Please note, that's one week earlier than usual. We are attempting to do our own deconflicting.
    Bill Rodman, If you need a really bad example.
    King of Prussia, PA
    wrodman1@aol.com

Chris do you have a specific date yet? I thought this was in April based on my notes. Our first meeting is in early November. Would help to have it then.

Thanks,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Anders View Post
    For events I am looking to put together-

May 2013- National Tactical based upon the Chancellorsville Campaign, like the old Recon series- will be limited to 1,500 per side.

Do not forget the BGA Chickamauga event in Sept. I believe.

http://www.150thanniversarychickamauga.com/