Thread: Calling Federal Cavalry for Perryville

Default Calling Federal Cavalry for Perryville

Hey Gents,

Now that the 2011 season is winding to a close, it's time to start thinking about next season. I have been asked by the organizers of the Perryville event to head up the Federal cavalry for the 150th event. We are looking to field a top shelf company of Federals for the event, which is held on the original battlefield on the 1st weekend of October, 2012. We will have solid standards, and they will be enforced. We will have a march, with skirmishing, to the event site on Friday, and lots of fun to be had over the weekend. Several members of the 1st Maine will be traveling out with me to form the nucleus of the company, and we're looking for all you like minded types to join us!

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

Awesome Tom, looking forward to working with you as always. Let me know who signs up with you who can sound and\or recognize the bugle signals!
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Hey All,
    Just bumping this up. Registration is open for the event, and we have a lot of great people signed on already for the Federal effort. We will have a march into the event site Friday, and we are working on some great, unique living history experiences for the event.

If you've got a great kit, and a great attitude, or if you want to ride with those who do, get in touch and we'll find a place for you in the ranks.

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

To my Fellow Cavalrymen,

Registration is wide open for this event, and it is shaping up to be a great gig. Many members of the 1st Maine are going to make the trek west, and I hope to see lots of you folks from all over the country.

Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

To my fellow troopers,
    Registration for Perryville is open, and things are shaping up to be excellent. Get registered and get ready to come out to one of the year's best events.
    Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

Hey all,
    We are about 6 weeks out from this great event, and I wanted to remind you to get registered if you haven't already. I know Mark Choate is putting together a fine effort on the grey side...don't let him show us up. If you need info, or have questions, get in touch with me at tom.craig@ymail.com

We've got a great march planned for Friday, and plenty of activity to keep you hopping through the weekend.
    Take care,
    Tom Craig
    1st Maine Cavalry

Giving Tom's thread a bump here!
    Micah Trent
    2nd Most Hated Reenactor in Kentucky - Western Federal Blues
    Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site