Welcome to the Civil War Reenactors Forums,
Knowledge of these guidelines will help us all to get the most out of the forums. Please take the time to read them.
Most of you are abiding by them wonderfully and make the CWR forums a great place.
CWR Discussion Forums - Usage Guidelines and Purpose
These forums will be monitored subject to the following guidelines:
1. All posts should relate to the Civil War era, Civil War reenacting, Civil War reenacting events, and conduct of the hobby.
Please post your messages in the appropriate forum. See the main index page for a list of the forums and their purposes. Some additional clarifying comments follow these guidelines.
Unrelated subjects may be removed (or moved to the appropriate forum) at any time.
2. Profanity, ridicule, personal attacks, overt rudeness and inflammatory language will be removed on sight.
3. Inappropriate comments with regard to race, religion, political agendas or disparagement of any social group is not the purpose of this forum. Such comments will be removed on sight.
4. Threads which become flame wars may be closed or removed entirely.
5. Threads which become overly large, redundant, or cluttered with small talk may be closed, archived or removed entirely, at the Provost's discretion.
6. Threads which have become less active over time will move to the back pages of the forum as newer and more active topics are created. (This isn't as much of an issue as it used to be but I left it in on the off chance someone didn't know how the software often works.)
7. Archiving of a thread does not imply endorsement of it's content.
Those who flagrantly or persistently violate these guidelines may suffer suspension or banishment.
Provost's Mission: My goal is to preserve the forums for the purpose Bob Szabo started them: a place for reenactors to share information, provide help, respectfully debate reenacting issues and get to know one another better.
This is a precious resource and we need your help to make it work. If there is a post you believe is inappropriate for this forum, please make (restrained) use of the "alert" button to notify the Provost or another moderator. That will help us spot problems more quickly.
If we agree with your concern, we will remedy the problem as soon as practical. If we leave the message up more than one business day, it usually means we did not feel it required removal. Due to limitations of time, we don't often answer these alerts with an email but we are very grateful for them.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Any given moderator here is simply one person with one opinion which may simply differ from yours. Please respect that decision.
If you have a strong disagreement with any decision, email the Provost specifically (see address below) and I will reply privately. It helps if you include a link to the thread in question. I do not debate on the forum. For years I have done my absolute best to be fair and reasonable and will continue to do so.
Our working metaphor is that we're discussing things around Bob Szabo’s dinner table. Please keep in mind that women and children may be present at that discussion. Remarks not consistent with respect for that situation may be removed without warning.
Let's continue to keep this forum at a high level. Thanks for your support.
cwr.provost (at) yahoo.com