Thread: BAND in hat brass

Default BAND in hat brass

Gents looking at photos from Henry P Moore of the 3RD New Hampshire Infantry Band and have seen a couple guys with BAND spelled out in brass letters on their Caps. Have any of you seen this in other units before?
    1st LT Brian Schwatka
    Staff Asst Surgeon
    Medical Staff Regiment USA(Reenacted)
    Attached 3RD US Regular Infantry Co K(Reenacted)
    Attached 17th Corp Field Hospital(Reenacted)

Actually no....can you post the picture? I have seen 'logos' and emroidered band\leader names on fancy uniforms.....

I need to get a picture of my GGfathers Cecil (WI) Silver Cornet Band logo....1890's German brass band...
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

Alas wish I could RJ but the two photos that show it are in a book not electronic.

You can see it somewhat but not well in this photo one of the two but the other photo outside the Band Masters tent(And yes Band Master is stenciled on the tent) shows it great and then helps you make it out on the Caps of the rest of the band in the photo you see here.

http://www.nhhistory.org/eimages/hpmoore.htm
    1st LT Brian Schwatka
    Staff Asst Surgeon
    Medical Staff Regiment USA(Reenacted)
    Attached 3RD US Regular Infantry Co K(Reenacted)
    Attached 17th Corp Field Hospital(Reenacted)

I just noticed a similar thing yesterday while browsing through Borders bookstore. A book titled "Tennessee's Confederates" by Myers E. Brown had two pictures of a couple of soldiers from the 1st Tennessee Infantry I believe, where their company designation as well as "BAND" was displayed on top of the kepi.

Mark Britton

Pictured here is a member of the 9th Veterans reserve Corps band. Here is the LOC link
    http://www.loc.gov/pictures/collecti...2003006219/PP/

Attached Images Attached Images