Happy Saturday morning everyone,
I recently rejoined the hobby after a 20 year absence and have moved over to a Federal impression so all my old CS gear is now surplus and needs to go. All of this stuff is mid-late 80's vintage but is in good shape, so I'm hoping that someone can put it to good use.
These prices are all obo so let me know what you think and I'll work with you. I won't be using this stuff anymore so if someone can use it that'll make me happier than throwing it in the dumpster.
I tried to give pics and descriptions, but if you have any questions or are interested in something please feel free to email me email@example.com and I'll be happy to help. I can accept payment by personal check, money order, or well concealed cash - sorry, I'm not set up to accept PayPal.
1. White haversack - $8 plus shipping This came from the Rebel Trading Post in Ellicott City, MD and is a little dirty from use but is otherwise in good shape. No holes or anything like that.
2. Jarnagin size 40 Tuscaloosa gray Confederate sack coat - $25 plus shipping I know these are a little out of favor these days, but this coat is in like new condition so maybe someone can do something with this for the early war events coming up? It's got a stand up collar, seven block I buttons, single exterior pocket, and is fully lined.
3. Jarnagin size 40/32x32 Jean cloth shell jacket and pants combo - $45 plus shipping This set is from about 1987 or so and appears to be an early version of Jarnagin's Type III (plain) Richmond shell jacket with nine block I buttons and the inside pocket. There are no exterior pockets or trim. Somewhere along the line in my youthful ignorance I redid the exposed stitching on the jacket with rather large hillbilly stitches (see detail pic) which makes it look a little comical, so you may want to redo that. This carried me through the 125th Anniversary events with pride and is a little dirty from use, but I'll throw in the vintage 125th stains for free! There is a tiny hole starting on the back seam of the right shoulder, but other than that it's in good shape (apart from the dirt). Both the jacket and pants are fully lined.
4. VA state belt buckle - $5 plus shipping
5. Tuscaloosa gray forage cap - $10 plus shipping This is a size 23 inch forage cap, which I think was made by a guy named Dennis Boettcher (spelling?) in central VA. Anyway, this likewise is in good shape with no holes or stains.
6. Felt slouch hat - $5 plus shipping I get the impression that these are totally out of fashion now, but back 25 years ago all the cool Confederates were wearing them. It won't hurt my feelings if no one wants this, but I thought I'd include it in case someone might be able to do something with it. This might also be hard to ship because it's so big and bulky, so I might just end up chucking it.
Anyway, let me know if you have any questions on anything. Also, I live in Leesburg, VA so if anyone is in the NoVA area and wants to stop by to pick something up, please feel free. I also work in downtown in DC near L'Enfant Plaza so if you'd like to meet to exchange the stuff I'll be happy to lug it downtown.
Thanks for looking!