Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 150th Perryville

Just a reminder that registration for this event is OPEN. We already have registrations coming in which is fantastic. The fee is $12.00 until the end of the year. The price will increase at the first of the year. We want to let you know that 100% of your registration fees will go directly to the parks preservation efforts. If you have any questions concerning registration for this event, please contact me and I will answer any questions you may have. Thanks.
    Last edited by Micah Trent; 08-05-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo
    Micah Trent
    2nd Most Hated Reenactor in Kentucky - Western Federal Blues
    Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

Will get mine this week!
    S. Chris Anders
    Southern Division
    www.southerndivision.org
    http://www.civilwarhenrico.com/

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. - Niccoló Machiavelli, The Prince. 1537.

Original ground...funds for preservation...count me in!

Matt Crouch

I will be there!! Looking forward to this Historic Event!!

Default Perryville 150th and land acquisition

I have been sitting on this information for about a month. I knew about it at Manassas, but was sworn to secrecy. The CWT has entered into a contract with the gentlemen who own the farm surrounding the Bottom House. The CWT just went live with their appeal today. They just started the appeal and it looks like the land will be transfered in the spring of 2012.
    Saying all of this. Your registration money save the .75 cents we are paying to the webfolks for taking care of the registration will go 100% into helping with this effort. There will be much work to be done on that land including the interpretation and returning it to its battlefield appearance. In addition and with after talking with the park this morning we feel that the Federal side of the preservation will take place partially on this land. There will be another big announcement from the Civil War Trust later with some other great news!
    If you did not have a reason to come to Perryville in 2012 you sure do now! You can be sure that your money will go to the preservation and interpretation of the park. Please check out the CWT's appeal at www.civilwar.org/perryville11 to learn more about the land and the appeal.
    The Western Federal Blues and the Friends of Perryville Battlefield are partnering to make this a great event and now it is for the best cause in the world. How many of you have been to the Bottom's House and thought how great it would be to be on the farm around that house. Now YOU CAN HELP MAKE THAT HAPPEN!
    Be looking for more information on the event and also please check out the Western Federal Blues on Facebook as we are raising a battalion for the Perryville 2012 event.
    Thanks,
    Chad Greene

Since the 2011 Living History is over, I thought this would be a great time to give this thread a bump. Cheers!
    Micah Trent
    2nd Most Hated Reenactor in Kentucky - Western Federal Blues
    Friends of Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site

All,
    Perryville's 150th planning is well underway. The Preservation March/Tactical routes are secure. If you participate in this part of the event you will be on land that hasn't been accessable for the last 150 years. Truly the last time an individual dressed in a Civil War uniform was on this ground was in October of 1862.
    Every dime of your registration money will go the presevation and interpretation of the battlefield. Your money will not go for event logistics - the Commonwealth of Kentucky is picking up that bill. You will be upon one of the most pristinely preserved battlefields in the United States and have the privelage of reenacting this battle upon the ground which our honored ancestors fought and died upon.
    Please join us and help with the preservation of this hallowed ground. I invite you to attend the 150th Annivesary of the Battle of Perryville on October 5-7, 2012!
    Chad Greene

Sigining up today, sounds like an outstanding event! Chad, count me in as your chief bugler.....any leads on a horse for me?
    RJ Samp
    Horniste! Blas das Signal zum Angriffe!
    "But in the end, it's the history, stupid. If you can't document it, forget about it. And no amount of 'tomfoolery' can explain away conduct that in the end makes history (and living historians) look stupid and wrong. "

lzqqqq Guest

The last time I did this event was 2002, and it was fantastic. Now that I'm getting back into the hobby, I can hardly wait.

Best regards,
    Joseph Knight

Attention anyone who is coming to the Tennessee Civil War Show in Franklin. Look up the Friends of Perryville booth. You can register for Perryville's 150th event and receive a free flags of Perryville print when you register. It will be 10.00 at the show. So stop by and get registered. Going to be a great event.
    Stop by and see us in Franklin!
    Chad Greene