For your very best impression, please consider this Confederate housewife kit.
Sewn with silk on silk embroidered Stainless Banner, Bonnie Blue, and First National flags and patterned after the Confederate housewife at the Museum of the Confederacy. The removable needle case has a hidden pocket that may be stocked with all the necessary items and used for long marches where every inch and ounce matter. Because of all the intricate work involved, these are few and far between.
silk and 100% non-mercerized cotton thread
cotton twill tape binding and ties
• lump of raw beeswax wrapped in muslin
• original and new bone, glass, and ceramic buttons in handsewn poke sack
• patch fabric – FHW jean cloth, wool, and canton flannel; C. Childs satinette
• needle case made of wool and silk with needles
• correct thread wrapped on cloth - non-mercerized black, brown, tan, and off-white cotton thread
• huckabuck towel embroidered with First National flag
• penknife sharpened pencil
• reproduction Confederate and cancelled Federal postage stamps on 100% rag paper
• hank of hemp twine
• tin with 2 sizes of strike-anywhere matches
• 100% stearine candle
• handsewn ticking poke sack
This is ready to ship. Please post here, PM, or e-mail at PreservationParcels@hotmail.com to reserve for up to seven days. Money orders, personal checks or Paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org gladly accepted.
$125 ($31.25 to preservation) priority mail ppd
stitch by stitch, acre by acre