Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 150th Shiloh - Blue Gray Alliance Event

Simplest way to know who's event your standing in is to ask at registration: "Is this the Blue/Gray Alliance Shiloh event?"

If they say yes, and it's not, there's **** to pay.

They should also be able to tell where the First Federal Division or Cleburne's is camped.

They should also have your registration fee marked as paid.
    (Hint, hint....preregister)
    Bernard Biederman
    30th OVI
    Co. B

Please excuse the short term lock and invisibilty of the thread. Addition confusion was about to break out on an already confusing subject.

First, I've deleted a post or two. Circumventing the swear filter is not cute or funny. It will get you infraction points. Yassir, even if you are my old friend.

Second, this folder is for event announcements. Each organization promotes it's own event. Questions about the Blue Grey Alliance Shiloh on land contiguous to the Park can be asked and answered here.

Questions, promotions, answers and other information about the Shiloh to be held at the Miche, Tennessee property needs to be in a separate thread. Preferably done by someone with direct information and authority to speak for the event.

Now, because folks ask---yes, significant efforts were made to resolve this conflict. That's not happening. And we are not going to delve into the matter here. Each event stands separately, and shall be discussed separately.

One of the deleted posts asked 'who is going'. In addition to the affiliated units of The Blue Grey Alliance, listed in the first post, you can research further by going to the individual websites of the First Federal Division, Cleburns Division, and so on. I'm not sure if the Cleburns site has been updated to reflect the recent addition of Jack King's organization out of Texas--I just know that information is in my email.

In addition to BGA affiliated units, additional groups such as the Western Federal Blues and the Western Independent Grays have committed, and will have unique campaign efforts within the event structure.

Again, sorry for the delay--I'd link some of these websites, but find it hard from my iPhone. Besides, I just got MyDaddy out of the hospital and he's jonesing for some BBQ and Pie.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

Default Same thing happened for the 145th

Arty,
    It was the same scenario at the 145th also. I was at the Park with the U S Naval Landing Party. At least then they didn't choose the same weekend.

Geo. dailey
    gunnersmate (western waters)
    www.usnlp.org

Default Two Shiloh Sites

The two 2012 Shiloh reenactment sites are not on the same highway as has been mentioned in at least two different posts. The Blue Gray Alliance site is off highway 22, and the Army of Tennessee site is off highways 142 and 57. As the crow flies, the two sites are probably only about 5 miles apart. Both groups have websites.

Shiloh Grandpa

Default Why not?

Why not get into specifics about the 2 events here? Some of us would like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bull View Post
    Why not get into specifics about the 2 events here? Some of us would like to know.
    Because this folder is only for announcements, information and questions about each individual event, specific to that event.
    The question you ask may (note, I say "may") be appropriate for another folder, but not here.
    Hope that clarifies it for you.
    Bernard Biederman
    30th OVI
    Co. B

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bull View Post
    It would be wise for a new member here to fully read and understand the purposes of the various subforums. There is a handy guide in the New Users Forum.

As previously stated, each event is welcome to promote and inform ON SEPARATE THREADS.

If you have individual curiosity as to how this happened, then I suggest you inquire with your particular umbrella group. Everyone has a different version.

As a Moderator, I've a long history in the hobby, and am currently a member of multiple organizations. I've good friends attending each of these events. Such is the case with many in the hobby. So, nope, we're not going into the issues here.

Further posts in this thread which are not directly related to the BGA event will be deleted.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

Default re: confusion

Thank you for posting this and clearing up the confusion. It is much appreciated.