Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Field nurse

And as Ms. Timour knows full and well, a fine and High Adventure each time, with something new around in the bend at every moment--much like our lives today, portraying a period civilian in all facets of life is a Never -Ending Story.
    Mrs. Lawson
    Weaver, Spinster, Strong Fast Dyes
    Knitted Goods and yarns available thlawson@bellsouth.net

Moderator, When I remember. We got Rules here!

Did your sales post disappear? Try again. But read the rules first.
    Here they are: http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/sh...Classified-Ads

Default Hey Bill

Sent ya a PM
    Bobby Hughes
    Co A, 2nd Battalion Ga Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Vol Infantry "Yates' Sharpshooters"
    Savannah Republican Blues
    Co C, 3rd US Infantry
    Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum & William Scarbrough House, Savannah, GA

"I hope to live long enough to see my surviving comrades march side by side with the Union veterans along Pennsylvania Avenue, and then I will die happy." - James Longstreet at a Memorial Day Parade in 1902.

Default Hey Bill,

Sent ya an email now too!
    Bobby Hughes
    Co A, 2nd Battalion Ga Sharpshooters/64th Illinois Vol Infantry "Yates' Sharpshooters"
    Savannah Republican Blues
    Co C, 3rd US Infantry
    Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum & William Scarbrough House, Savannah, GA

"I hope to live long enough to see my surviving comrades march side by side with the Union veterans along Pennsylvania Avenue, and then I will die happy." - James Longstreet at a Memorial Day Parade in 1902.

Default What a fire storm!!!!!!!!!

Wow, as the original poster, I had no idea that I would cause such a "cyber battle". One of the most recent posters pointed out a mistake that I made. I used the term "field nurse". I was actually asking for comments and suggestions along the lines of a couple of the latter poster about civilians "in the area".
    While I understand the desire for correctness, the tone of much of this "debate" was embarrassing for my daughter as she read over my shoulder. Some of the postings were useful and I will help her persue those, while others left me reeling and wondering if she really needs to associate with people who feel that way about her.
    Again to those of you who corrected my initial error and suggested the civilian personas, thank you.
    Respectfully,
    Hancock

Quote Originally Posted by HancockBuilder
    Wow, as the original poster, I had no idea that I would cause such a "cyber battle". One of the most recent posters pointed out a mistake that I made. I used the term "field nurse". I was actually asking for comments and suggestions along the lines of a couple of the latter poster about civilians "in the area".
    While I understand the desire for correctness, the tone of much of this "debate" was embarrassing for my daughter as she read over my shoulder. Some of the postings were useful and I will help her persue those, while others left me reeling and wondering if she really needs to associate with people who feel that way about her.
    Again to those of you who corrected my initial error and suggested the civilian personas, thank you.
    Respectfully,
    Hancock
    One man's firestorm is another man's historical debate. I'm sorry you feel that it was directed at you and your daughter, but in reality it is only directed toward education. I don't believe anyone was making it a personal battle or were belittling you or your daughter. I applaud you for taking the time to direct your questions and statements to the at-large collective, but you also should be prepared for answers when you do. When the answers aren't what you want to hear, there may be a historical reason for that. The answers that you feel were mean or dirogatory were in reality meant to educate you and anyone else reading this, which is why this forum is in place to begin with.
    Ross L. Lamoreaux
    Tampa Bay History Center
    www.tampabayhistorycenter.org
    On Facebook at: Tampa Bay History Center Living History Programs

"The simplest things, done well, can carry a huge impact" - Karin Timour, 2012