Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: empty cans

Default Paint can usage.

I do not mean to insult, but do you really think the gent would use a used paint can to cook in? Give us a break here please. He is talking about new, unused cans. Iam familiar with these cans as I used then when I worked at an Automotive Paint and Body Supply shop. the can are clean and oil/ grease free and even if there is a bt of oil on them, they can be washed before use. Oil or grease inside of the can paint is mixed/sold in would cause contamination to the paint as it would any food items placed in the new can if it were there. even the new cans used by canneries have a bit of residue from the manufacturing process and have to be cleaned before filling, this is ture of even glass and plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by VRCordsgt
    I do not mean to insult, but do you really think the gent would use a used paint can to cook in? Give us a break here please. He is talking about new, unused cans. Iam familiar with these cans as I used then when I worked at an Automotive Paint and Body Supply shop. the can are clean and oil/ grease free and even if there is a bt of oil on them, they can be washed before use. Oil or grease inside of the can paint is mixed/sold in would cause contamination to the paint as it would any food items placed in the new can if it were there. even the new cans used by canneries have a bit of residue from the manufacturing process and have to be cleaned before filling, this is ture of even glass and plastic.
    You never know people do dumb things. Its easy to comment and critize after the fact and in hindsight. Given what he posted first we didn't know if he was going to use new cans or used cleaned paint cans.
    Retired Civil War Re-enactor

I don't think I said I was gonna use em off the bat just investigate the possibility. Sorry if u misunderstood or i didn't make myself clearer. I never jump before I leap.

Default Patience

Sir,
    I concur with Dr. Aycock. In the several decades of this hobby I have learned a most valuable lesson. Save my money and purchase the correct stuff first. This will save you much cash and heart ache. IMHO.
    Chris Fisher
    Surgeon CMF
    Christian Fisher
    Assistant Surgeon
    CMF