Thread: 22nd Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry

Default 22nd Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry

The 22nd Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry is seeking recruits! We are one of the largest reenacting units in New England with a membership mainly focused in the Greater Boston area, the South Shore and Cape Cod. We attend roughly 24 events per year (including drills throughout the winter). Members, of course, may participate to whatever extent their schedules allow. We are a mainstream unit with progressive leanings. Find out more at www.22ndmass.org.

Capt. Patrick Browne
    22nd Mass, Co. D

Default 22nd Mass

Great Unit, Great People
    Pvt. Scott Kuzia
    22nd MVI Co.D

"It does not require a well drilled solider to fight well. Some men who have yet been with the regiment 13 months have never been in a fight yet. All that is needed is plenty of courage, a good gun, and ammunition for it and I will insure the fight." Fredrick Pettit 100th Pennsylvania

"The first shot I fired seemed to take all my fear away and gave me courage enough to calmly load my musket and fire it forty times" Samuel H. M. Byers 5th Iowa

Greetings -
    I would highly recommend The www.22ndmass.org I have been a member for about 5 years and can't say enough good things about them! They let the hardcores be hardcores (picket post, anybody?) and are very family oriented. They are also one of the largest in New England with over 100 members. They also have ALOT of events. They average about 8 parades, 12 events, and 8 living histories a year.We also drill year round. They are also the best bunch of guys you'd ever want to meet and are deep into Civil War history and portraying the soldiers with honor. The 22nd Mass. was a hardcore fightin' unit with the 5th Corps that ranks in the top 20 on Fox's list of Regimental losses.
    Enough said, join and find out for yourself!
    Your humble obedient servant,
    Pvt. Litchfield (cannnfodder)
    22nd Mass.
    "Death, or an honorable life"
    "Death, Or an Honorable Life" ( Mass. 43rd- the Tiger Regiment)

Looks like a fine bunch, Captain! In looking through the pictures on the site, I didn't see any familiar faces. I remember when Dave Hobbs started the 22d as the "Andrews Sharpshooters", way back when. Don't suppose any of them are still around, Dave Hobbs, Corporal Ed, Greg Hobbs. AH, the good old days. Nice to see you are still plugging away in MA.

Default New Season

Start of a new season soon.Check the website for our next event.
    Pvt. Scott Kuzia
    22nd MVI Co.D

"It does not require a well drilled solider to fight well. Some men who have yet been with the regiment 13 months have never been in a fight yet. All that is needed is plenty of courage, a good gun, and ammunition for it and I will insure the fight." Fredrick Pettit 100th Pennsylvania

"The first shot I fired seemed to take all my fear away and gave me courage enough to calmly load my musket and fire it forty times" Samuel H. M. Byers 5th Iowa

Default Recruiting

Always searching for new recruits.
    Pvt. Scott Kuzia
    22nd MVI Co.D

I just finished reading the 'This month in 22nd Massachusetts History: May 1864 ' on the units website. May 1864 was a busy and horrific month for the 22nd!
    "Death, Or an Honorable Life" ( Mass. 43rd- the Tiger Regiment)

Exclamation

Posting/bumping per request of our recruiter:

The 22nd Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry is looking for new recruits and seasoned veterans for the 150th cycle

- We drill on a regular basis enabling new recruits to develop their skills quickly and seasoned reenactors to keep their skills sharp
    - We are committed to a progressive approach towards reenacting with a focus on skillful and realistic drilling, camping and battling
    - We have an active schedule of reenactments locally and nationally
    - We participate in living histories, educational presentations, parades and commemorative ceremonies
    - We have a strong civilian contingent that operates either individually or within a group context as the the Sanitary Commission, Boston Branch.
    - We constantly strive to improve our impression
    - Due to our newly minted association with the Mifflin Guard we will begin participating in the annual living history on the Gettysburg battlefield on the weekend associated with the anniversary.

We welcome you to check us out on the web (http://22ndmass.org) or contact our recruiter, Doug Lyons, directly at ddclyons1@aol.com.

All for the Union!
    Jeff Lawrence
    Co. F, 14th Connecticut

Looking forward to meeting you fellows at a Mifflin Guard event!

Andy Siganuk 12th NJ, Co. K

With the 2012 event season coming to a close and the dawn of the sesquicentennial of the pivotal year of 1863, it seems an apropos time to bump this message.

---
    The 22nd Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry is looking for new recruits and seasoned veterans for the 150th cycle

- We drill on a regular basis enabling new recruits to develop their skills quickly and seasoned reenactors to keep their skills sharp
    - We are committed to a progressive approach towards reenacting with a focus on skillful and realistic drilling, camping and battling
    - We have an active schedule of reenactments locally and nationally
    - We participate in living histories, educational presentations, parades and commemorative ceremonies
    - We have a strong civilian contingent that operates either individually or within a group context as the the Sanitary Commission, Boston Branch.
    - We constantly strive to improve our impression
    - The 22nd Massachusetts is a proud member unit of the Mifflin Guard.

We welcome you to check us out on the web (http://22ndmass.org) or contact our recruiter, Doug Lyons, directly at ddclyons1@aol.com.

All for the Union!
    Jeff Lawrence
    Co. F, 14th Connecticut