PDA

View Full Version : The rain's "insane" ... A Challenge

cookiemom
06-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

For your intellectual stimulation and amusement, I propose a little exercise in parody. [Okay, okay, I admit it... I'm whining about all the rain we've been having here in the East, but looking for the clouds' silver lining :) .] Since at least one Gettysburg event has been postponed due to insurmountable sogginess, some of you may find you have some extra time for this kind of nonsense over the long weekend...

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write new words to familiar "rain" songs. Some starters are listed below, but you may use any on-topic song. One verse is enough, although some of you may find yourselves "on a roll." If so, go for it!

Originality and creativity are appreciated. Extra points will be awarded for humor and/or a Civil War/military/"hobby" connection.

1) It's raining, it's pouring...

2) Rain, rain, go away...

3) Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...

4) The rain is falling down along with the sky...

5) Just let a smile be your umbrella on a rainy, rainy day...

6) Though April showers may come your way...

7) The rain in Spain...

(and last, but not least...)

8) I'm singin' in the rain...

Having fun yet?

Ma

tompritchett
06-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Rain, rain, rain
Get used to it.
This is the new norm.

VaTrooper
06-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Got some at my house, Orange County, but I was in Albemarle County where it was nice and hott.

Ol'Hickory
07-02-2006, 11:10 AM
I wish we had some rain when I was out there, last July, Lancaster PA doing the Gettysburg and Antietam thing..John who was my host and private tour guide took us round all the spots shown in books etc..For us Brits it was HOT! i've never drank so much water and soda in my life.

rebellady
07-02-2006, 03:47 PM
I'm bored, so here goes!

Rain, Rain go away,
Lil reenactors want to play
The camp's set up,
The fire is lit,
Oh, my Lord, is that YOUR TENT?? :shock:

HA! Told you I was bored!;)

Miss Tammi