PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go in dress parade?

Regular DOC
07-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Okay for you drill type out there where do us surgeon types go during dress parade? Are we there at all? Since we are considered Field and Staff are we with the normal staff officers?

cwdoc45
07-20-2008, 01:15 PM
As the Brigade Chief Medical Officer, I stand to the left of the commanding Col. and look pretty during the ceremony! I do have my medical sword & salute when required.

In a Division changing of the ranking General, I am on the right of the medical staff that follows the art. companies. I salute the commanding general with my sword in passing & direct the medical staff "eyes right" when passing. My medical staff have paraded in rank order (majors to hospital stewards), in columns of two.

This is the process in the First Illinois Battalion & the First Federal Division of the North-South Alliance according to their interpretation of the regulations.

Regular DOC
07-20-2008, 06:37 PM
As the Brigade Chief Medical Officer, I stand to the left of the commanding Col. and look pretty during the ceremony! I do have my medical sword & salute when required.

In a Division changing of the ranking General, I am on the right of the medical staff that follows the art. companies. I salute the commanding general with my sword in passing & direct the medical staff "eyes right" when passing. My medical staff have paraded in rank order (majors to hospital stewards), in columns of two.

This is the process in the First Illinois Battalion & the First Federal Division of the North-South Alliance according to their interpretation of the regulations.

That is something like I figured. I just bought my sword it is a neato looking blade. See you at Chickamauga

Regimental_Officer
07-20-2008, 06:54 PM
That is something like I figured. I just bought my sword it is a neato looking blade. See you at Chickamauga

Are you talking about confederate dress parade? Because when we in the federal army has dress parade there are 2 ways it can be done depending on what you follow. The first being that no one on the staff stands with the Division, brigade or Regimental commander the staff will be behind him starting with the chief of staff standing off set left and behind him would be the staff arranged according to rank. and if there is a aide de camp he would be offset to the right. The second way is that the staff is behind the division, brigade or regiment, However the staff never draws it's sword the command to do so is only for regimental officers and brigade commanders. First sgt's do so when giving the report to the adjutant but i do not know what the confederates do this i have only seen it done in the federal army.

mmartin4600
07-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Hanging out with the rest of the staff weenies looking purty.