PDA

View Full Version : Costumes/Civil War era

manionsauction
06-27-2006, 10:44 AM
For Immediate Release Contact: John Conway

Manion’s International Auction House Goes Hollywood
Newest auction highlights historic militaria from television and the silver screen

Kansas City, Ks (June 5, 2006) – Items from: Gone With the Wind, All Quiet on the Western Front, The Alamo, and even Hogan’s Heroes have made their way to Manion’s, and are currently being featured in a special online auction taking place from 6/4 to 7/2, 2006 on www.manions.com.

“The consignment we receive at Manion’s never ceases to amaze me,” said John Conway, company spokesman and an auction employee for over 20 years. “This collection of Hollywood military memorabilia is one of the most extensive I’ve seen.”

In addition to being used on stage and screen, many of the items are actual period uniforms bought by costume companies after World War I. Other items have been meticulously recreated by designers working with the television and film industries.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for movie buffs and military enthusiasts.

“Within moments of taking this auction live, we received bids on several items,” explains Conway. “The first day of the auction yielded several thousand hits to the website. I expect it to be one of our most successful special auctions in company history.”

Just a few of the auction highpoints include a Confederate soldier’s uniform from Gone with the Wind, a German Luftwaffe greatcoat featured in The Great Escape and Hogan’s Heroes, and an original WWI French uniform worn in All Quiet on the Western Front.

All of these unique collectibles are must see. Visit the website to view these items, and place a bid, between 6/4 and 7/2, 2006. Winning bidders of items featured in this special auction will receive certificates of authenticity from the studio costuming company

For more information about bidding and consigning with Manion’s International Auction House, visit: www.manions.com and call 866.626.4661.

###