PDA

View Full Version : We're up and running people!!!!!

VaTrooper
06-26-2006, 10:20 PM
So get posting!

Frenchie
06-26-2006, 11:38 PM
So get posting!

Get posting where?

VaTrooper
06-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Here. Somewhere.

MStuart
06-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Okay......What do you call 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

...............a good start!!!!!!!! (Insert rim-shot sound effect here)

Mark Best I could do, comedy on demand is not my forte

flattop32355
06-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Two Union soldiers are talking. One asks the other, "When do you think we'll get to Richmond?" The other answers, "Eventual-Lee".

An Eastern Federal asked a Western Federal, "So how are you doing against the Army of Tennessee?" The Westerner answers, "Well, I don't like to Bragg..."

Sgt_Pepper
06-27-2006, 10:19 PM
:rolleyes: Sigh... thousands of comedians are out of work...

rebellady
07-02-2006, 10:02 PM
The Pinkertons were interviewing three new prospects for fieldwork. Two of the prospects were male and one was female. The Agent-in-charge came up to the 1st male prospect, handed him a revolver, pointed to a side room and said, "In that room is your wife. If you want this job, you have to go in that room and shoot her dead." The 1st prospect burst out crying and wailed, "Sir, I cannot do that!" "Well, we can't use you then. You are excused.", replied the agent.

The second male prospect came forward and was also given a loaded revolver. He was also instructed to go into the same room and shoot his wife. The prospect went into the room but came back out with his head hanging low. "Sir, I am sorry. But I could not kill my wife.", mourned the prospect. "Very well. You are also excused." ground out the agent.

The female prospect stepped forward. Same scenario as the two former prospects but this case her husband was in the side room. The female prospect disappeared into the room and after a minute a shot rang out then another and another. Then the sound of a terrible scuffle insued. The dissheveled prospect same out and reported to the agent-in-charge. "Sir, some idiot put blanks in my gun. I had to beat the SOB to death with a chair!";)

I really like that one!:lol:

Tammi

VaTrooper
07-02-2006, 11:18 PM
Ive heard that one. But with all CIA guys with wives.

cookiemom
07-03-2006, 12:21 AM
"Sir, some idiot put blanks in my gun. I had to beat the SOB to death with a chair!";)

I really like that one!:lol:

Tammi

Are you married, dear?
Send me a PM -- we need to have a nice cup of tea and chat awhile...

Ma

VaTrooper
07-03-2006, 12:44 AM
The last time suspicious characters had private meetings the John Brown raid followed so lets not have any of that.

Ol'Hickory
07-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Comedy?

I read a good story about General Rynolds getting captured early in the war..I can picture it now

Rynolds: The day is ours, i'm going to nap get my no. 2 hes in command

Aid: yessir

(Second in command cocks it up)

Aid: *runs*

Confederate no.1: well by jimmy looky thar..he alive?

Confederate no.2: yeah seems to be..nudge him

Rynolds: who..what the..

Confederate: who are you

Rynolds: i'm general rynolds

cookiemom
07-03-2006, 02:04 PM
The last time suspicious characters had private meetings the John Brown raid followed so lets not have any of that.

I'm laughing so hard I can hardly type! Me? A suspicious character?

Oh, darn. Now I've woken my kid from her nap... gotta go!

Ma

On second thought, maybe there's an impression to work on... Mrs. Rose Greenhow was from Southern Maryland, and apparently her daughter Little Rose was a bit of a "pistol" too... :) We could lurk behind the potted palms, and, um...

VaTrooper
07-03-2006, 02:18 PM
And its women this time which makes it that much worse.

cookiemom
07-03-2006, 02:33 PM
And its women this time which makes it that much worse.

Tryin' to start a gender flame war, are ya now? We'll have none of that, young fella. :)

The world survives on what women do behind the scenes.

Ma

VaTrooper
07-03-2006, 02:40 PM
LOL, it takes a lot of persuasion to get you women to do that.

cookiemom
07-03-2006, 03:18 PM
LOL, it takes a lot of persuasion to get you women to do that.

Oh, dear! I think you've misunderstood my meaning. "Behind the scenes" is not the same as "under the ... " well, ladies don't discuss such things.

"Behind the scenes" is what the modern ladies call "networking," or "comparing notes," or "figuring it out," and it often has to do with menfolk or children who won't behave properly. :) We need no "persuading" to do it, and the world survives because of it.

We just let you fellas 'think' you're in charge. :)

Ma

VaTrooper
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
Im just shy of 20 so I guess I havent been properly trainned. It would seem what goes on behind the scenes depends on your company.

tompritchett
07-03-2006, 10:06 PM
Was that a gender flame war or a flaming gender war?

cookiemom
07-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Was that a gender flame war or a flaming gender war?
Neither, Sir.

It was, rather, an entirely good-natured banter between a very-much-older-sister and a younger-brother-surrogate, with clarifying "Private Messages" traded "behind the scenes" [See? Guys can do it, too!] to prevent any more verbal misunderstandings. It is unfortunate that tone of voice and facial expression do not properly convey in electronic text form. Sometimes "smilies" aren't enough :) .

With apologies to any who desire them for our dancing so close to the precipice of impropriety...

Right, William?

Oh, William... are you there?

Ma

VaTrooper
07-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Correct you are. Here today, gone tomorrow.

tompritchett
07-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Ah shucks. I love flaming wars especially when the the participants are not always certain of their true gender.:twisted:

VaTrooper
07-04-2006, 11:23 PM
I dont think Ive ever heard Michael Jackson in a real arguement.

VaTrooper
07-04-2006, 11:29 PM
Wait nevermind that was a race issue.

cookiemom
07-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Ah shucks. I love flaming wars especially when the participants are not always certain of their true gender.:twisted:

Awww... but that's only fun if it really IS a gender war, and if the participants get confused about which side each one is supposed to be defending.

"But if it's a flaming war you want, Sir, I'm sure we can come up with something to keep our loyal readers amused... " she said, rubbing her hands together gleefully :twisted:...

just not galtroops -- there's already a thread nearby aiming in that direction
nor Anyone Named Clinton -- entirely passe'
nor how the "hardcore/mainstream/farby" continuum should be dissected -- been there, done that

Oh. What's left?