PDA

View Full Version : WTB shotgun

swsoutherland
02-15-2006, 12:44 AM
I am looking to buy an inexpensive, sxs, hammered, blckpwdr shotgun. Short or long barrel. Repro is desirable. This will be for use at the range as well as at events. Any sellers?

Enfilade
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I think **** Cheney has one he wants to get shed of.... :lol:

Hey, it's my first post here in a loooooooong time.

Graves Mercantile
02-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah but that Cheney shotgun does not shoot straight! :shock:

Motown
02-15-2006, 10:02 PM
It shoots straight when he aims for the Bill of Rights

swsoutherland
02-16-2006, 01:09 AM
Ha ha, real funny guys. Just wait till the anti gun crowd gets ahold of the issue and shoves some bill down our throats that takes away our ability to use firearms at reenactments. Who is laughing then? :cry:

Thanks for taking focus away from the purpose of my post too.

frankstevanus
02-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Sorry you are getting the run around, SW. I think the guys are just having a little fun with you. Anyway, to answer your question, I have a great double barrel repro. shotgun I bought from Dixie Gun Works last season. Awesome weapon! You might check their website for sales. I got mine for only $450.00. A great price for these guns (as you will find out when pricng them).
I think it is the coolest reenacting toy I have ever had. Great for Confederate Cavalry impressions. Research has shown that shotguns were used, found, and or emancipated at almost every Civil war cavalry engagement.
But, they are hard to find used. And I would be leary buying a used shotgun. The slightest defect in the gun could cuase you to be a real casualt on the field. Be careful man!
Anyway, good luck. Do a search on the web. The Authentic Campaigner website @ www.theauthentic-campaigner.com/, as well as other civil war forum type sites is the place to start.
Good Luck, again, with your search. If I come across someone who wants to sell one, I'll let you know.
Frank Stevanus
1st Maryland Cavalry (the guy with the horse)