PDA

View Full Version : Ky Yankees

ole soldier
07-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Curious, are there any mainstream Yankee units located in Central, Eastern Ky, or Western West Va? I have 3 chidren who are interested in participating as civilians.

Infantry would be my choice.

Thanks,
Ralph Fleming

ewtaylor
07-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Curious, are there any mainstream Yankee units located in Central, Eastern Ky, or Western West Va? I have 3 chidren who are interested in participating as civilians.

Infantry would be my choice.

Thanks,
Ralph Fleming

The Laurel Home Guard, located in London. The 5th Ky Inf, although they are CS, would welcome you and your family. They usually have to galvanize because the events here in Ky don't have enough Yanks. They are the biggest mainsteam CS unit in KY. If I'm not mistaken they brought over 50 rifles to the Mill Springs national event.

ew taylor

BigDuke634
07-14-2008, 10:02 AM
I will contend that the 5th KY is a good unit. We of the 6th ky fall in with them on occasion . They are a good bunch.

miller1865
07-14-2008, 11:13 AM
The 5th Ky. also has there own web site http://www.5thkentuckyinfantry.org/

They are a really nice group.

ole soldier
07-14-2008, 11:45 PM
I should clarify, I am not looking for baby sitters to watch my kids while I play soldier. I am looking for active roles for them when they attend. I have an ex-wife whom I must split weekends with. I have all my gear for a Union private (most of it from good sutlers, ie, authentic/progressive). What I am looking for is a unit that will let a soldier sleep in the civilian camp, or allow me to have a civilian persona the weekends that I have my kids. While I am not averse to being Reb, I have little extra cash flow to outfit my kids in civi gear and myself as a Reb (and civi). Hope this helps to clarify. Are there no Yankees out there close? No offence intended to the Rebel replies, they are greatly appreciated, and I am leaning that way now.

Thanks all,
Ralph Fleming

Scooby_308
07-15-2008, 12:11 AM
http://6thohio.homestead.com/

Might want to try there, not sure about the kids though.