PDA

View Full Version : church services

MDRebCAv
06-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I am going to incorporate my future vocation into reenacting. As if the uniform question were not hard enough...thank goodness for civilian chaplains...I was wondering if there was any flag, pennant or other colors that were flown above a place where services were being conducted.

I have googled my fingers sore...if anyone knows of a reference for this I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you.

VA Soldier
07-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Sir,

I have been acting as the company chaplain for my unit for a year now and will pass on what I have found.
First it depends on if you intend on doing nothing but being a chaplain, as I am both chaplain and soldier. Next it depends on denomination you intend to go with. Seeing that you are a confederate they were either civilian parsons who offered their services or were elected by their company. As with most things dealing with the Confederacy there is not much in the way of set standards. I have seen some who tie a cross so it extends above the front upright of their tent, of if you are allowed a flag then something with a Christian design of your making, allow for time period colors, material etc.
I know this is vague, but there is not much out there on uniforms, etc for chaplains especially in the Confederate Army.
Hope this helps some and if I can do more let me know.

A. Jackson