PDA

View Full Version : New Sutler - Hand Stitch Lady's Emporium

Jamie Rife
06-24-2006, 06:13 PM
Hello,

I am starting a new historical reproduction clothing business and wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Currently I have listed on ebay a custom made Civil War work/was dress for sale at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120001352887&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I plan on having more Civil War listings in the future. Aside from my ebay listing I sew everything from underpinnings (no corsets or cage crinolines) to work/wash dresses, day dresses, ball gowns, men's shirts, vests, pants and children's clothing. All of my clothing is historically documented (based upon originals in museums or photos) and use period sewing techniques. My items are entirely hand sewn. I also stay away from cotton quilter's materials and use tropical-weight wools, linsey-woolsey or heavy cotton materials for my dresses. Given my accessibility to several fabric sources such as Needle and Thread I can often offer a nice selection of fabrics.

I have been a reenactor for over eight years and design my clothing for documented authenticity, as well as practicality and durability. In today's world of rising gas prices, I understand that reenacting is becoming an increasingly expensive hobby for individuals and families alike. When one makes a clothing purchase they want a product that is not only accurate but will be comfortable, and last for many years. My prices are very affordable for the fabric types offered, very little is charged for labor. I can gurantee a good period correct clothing item that will last the user many reenacting seasons and will be a welcome addition to any reenactor's wardrobe.

I can be contacted at:
handstitchlady@yahoo.com
717-338-9612

Samantha Rife "Hand Stitch Lady"