PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a group in the mid-west

Lady Deborah
06-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Hello. I am new to reenactment and am anxious to get started with a group. I am looking for a reenactment group in Wisconsin. I live in southern Wisconsin so it could also be in Upper Illinois or in the Northeast part of Iowa. At this time it is just myself that is looking to join a group. My husband is considering it but he does not want to be in the battle, he would prefer something that fits his skills and likes more. He would really love to be a blacksmith. He has always wanted to learn blacksmithing.

God Bless!
Lady Debbie
jimanddebbie@sbcglobal.net

Mich8th
06-19-2006, 10:32 PM
If you are in the south east of Wis. then you should go to Cudahay south of Milwaukee near the airport this weekend. Starting Saturday morning you can meet many people whom would also like to meet you. There is a reenactment there and my wife and I will be there. As for your husband if he would like to become a Blacksmith then he can talk to a person there who will help him out as well as you. I am with the 2nd Wis. Iron Brigade and I will be traveling 7 hours for this event. There is alot of people in your area who are with the 2nd. All you have to do is go and ask any of the ladys in the civilian camps and they will show and tell you everything you need to know. Just ask for Auntie Tracie or Uncle Sumner and you will find us. Hope to see and meet you there

Lady Deborah
06-20-2006, 11:09 AM
Thank you for the information. We will be there!

God Bless!
Lady Deborah :D

Lady Deborah
06-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Could you please give me directions or more info on where Cudahay is. Do you have an address for where this reenactment will be? My husband and I and a friend would like to come this weekend.

Also could you tell me if anyone is allowed to come or just reenactors?

We are looking forward to meeting you at the event!

God bless!
Lady Deborah :D

Mich8th
06-29-2006, 10:03 PM
I am sorry I did not get this message until now. I was looking for you and your husband but now i know why I did not meet you. There is another comming up in Menominee Falls on July 15th and 16th at the Old Falls Village. I nor my wife will be there but you will still meet some of the Company and a wife or two there. This is a smaller event but is just the same very nice, there may not be a blacksmith for your husband to talk too but you can get the just from anyone there. I would ask you to ask for Ma Lori and she will get you started. I cannot give you good directions but it is a little north of Milwalukee on U.S. 41. If you cannot make that then our next big event is the National Railroad Museum in Ashwabanon (greenbay) the12th and 13th of August. Again sorry about not getting back to you sooner hope you can make one or the other of these. Your humble servant Uncle Sumner

8thILCavalry
07-01-2006, 09:37 PM
There is a big event July 8-9 at Wauconda,Il you can try too.

http://www.lcfpd.org/programs/index.cfm?fuseaction=programs.viewDetail&section_id=532