PDA

View Full Version : silly book I wrote...

Brian Wolle
06-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Here is a link to a review of a book I wrote some time ago about some fictitious reenactors -one especially is a newbie trying to rethink the hobby, world history and life in general.

http://www.citypaper.com/news/story.asp?id=2398

Write me at writerx (at) juno.com

FloridaConfederate
06-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Hey looks good....seeing how its a e-book and all.... can you point me to a link to your work ?

I am all about the reading rainbow.

Here is to you Lavar Burton

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/Levar_burton.jpg

Sgt_Pepper
06-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Mr. Rideout, I don't see the connection between Lavar Burton and Mr. Wolle's book. Could you please explain what it is?

firstmdes
06-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Mr. Rideout, I don't see the connection between Lavar Burton and Mr. Wolle's book. Could you please explain what it is?
I believe he is referring to the PBS television series "Reading Rainbow" which Mr. Burton hosted:

http://pbskids.org/readingrainbow/

This series predates Mr. Burton's Star Trek career but comes after Roots.

FloridaConfederate
06-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Lavar Burton produced, wrote and hosted one of the most acclaimed children's public television shows in the nations history, encouraging children to read and discover books, Reading Rainbow.

Reading Rainbow is still broadcast domestically and seen in many countries as a means of introducing children to the joys and discovery of reading.

Sgt_Pepper
06-02-2008, 03:25 PM
All right, but I still don't see the connection between Mr. Burton, his admirable work and Mr. Wolle's book. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it and the only connection is reading?

FloridaConfederate
06-02-2008, 04:29 PM
All right, but I still don't see the connection between Mr. Burton, his admirable work and Mr. Wolle's book. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it and the only connection is reading?

It depends what are you "reading" when you read too much into it ?

Is it because Mr. Burton is black and you read another extension of a modern hate group who has turned to campy references of childhood PBS shows hosted by blacks instead of other vile tactics like passing out "I Support Confederate Heritage" stickers at NASCAR races whilst wearing offensive t-shirts ?

tompritchett
06-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Is it because Mr. Burton is black and you read another extension of a modern hate group who has turned to campy references of childhood PBS shows hosted by blacks instead of other vile tactics like passing out "I Support Confederate Heritage" stickers at NASCAR races whilst wearing offensive t-shirts ?

Mr. Rideout, I think you are way out of line on this one and I would suggest that you apologize to the Sarge even though I expect he will delete your post for being a personal attack.

FloridaConfederate
06-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Mr. Rideout, I think you are way out of line on this one and I would suggest that you apologize to the Sarge even though I expect he will delete your post for being a personal attack.

Actually under other, most, circumstances I would most certainly agree and comply.

However, note the question mark and the bolding of the word is in the moderators post. The bolding of "is" to me smells of a racism cry..I am sure the moderator, I am sorry I dont know his proper name, will come on and explain the need for further interrogatory and the selective bolding. At which time I will offer appropriate actions.

This matter wasn't left closed with the explanation and links from an impartial and myself.

So until then...

I'll take the ban on this one pard.

Sgt_Pepper
06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Mr. Rideout, you have no idea how far off the mark you are. That Mr. Burton is black had nothing whatever, and your dealing with racial issues in this thread had hardly more, to do with my question.

When I said, "Perhaps I'm reading too much into it and the only connection is reading?", I meant exactly what the words say, that since Mr. Wolle's book is meant to be read and Mr. Burton is a promoter of reading, then perhaps the act of reading is the connection. There, you see, perhaps I should have bolded the word "reading" instead, then you might have decided I was actually trying to imply some other characteristic to you, such as a tendency to prefer blueberry syrup on your pancakes instead of maple, perhaps.

As it was, I was only mildly interested in the question, but now that your mortar bomb has come screaming in from left field, as it were, I will keep in mind that, while I certainly have no reason to suspect you harbor any racist feelings, you do seem to be overly concerned that others may think you do.

And please, do not attempt to explain what sort of "racism cry" you thought was meant by my bolding of the word "is", as I'm sure it would be an exquisitely tortuous and ultimately incomprehensible explanation.

Brian Wolle
06-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Gosh. Look what a fire storm I created. You'd think I fired on Federal property in some harbor somewhere.

That's the last book I write! I mean it!

Brian Wolle
06-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Is it too late to take that back?

Brian Wolle
06-02-2008, 10:50 PM
the word is "emboldening" not "bolding". I thought you had to be edumacated to write on this here forum.