PDA

View Full Version : Looking for CS Unit in Nor. Cal.

bljfour
05-27-2008, 01:45 PM
I recently moved up to the San Jose/Silicon Valley area of California from Southern California. I was involved with a unit in So Cal and now am looking for a unit to join in my new area.

I am looking specifically for a infantry unit that has a fairly high level of authenticity.

MDConfederate
05-27-2008, 02:50 PM
You could try Co. B of the Chesapeake Volunteer Guard. They are mostly out of North Carolina and Virginia. The CVG does both US and CS impressions and may be of the quality you are looking for. For more information go to www.chesapeakevolunteerguard.org. If interested please email me at winderranger@comcast.net and I will direct you to the leader of Co. B.

Respectfully
John A. Wyman
Co. A, CVG
Co. H, 2nd Maryland Infantry - CSA

Stonewall_Greyfox
05-27-2008, 03:14 PM
I recently moved up to the San Jose/Silicon Valley area of California from Southern California. I was involved with a unit in So Cal and now am looking for a unit to join in my new area.

I am looking specifically for a infantry unit that has a fairly high level of authenticity.

While I have never met these gentlemen in person...they have an outstanding reputation!

Check out the 1st Texas Infantry:

http://www.firsttexasinfantry.com/intro.html

bljfour
05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
You could try Co. B of the Chesapeake Volunteer Guard. They are mostly out of North Carolina and Virginia. The CVG does both US and CS impressions and may be of the quality you are looking for. For more information go to www.chesapeakevolunteerguard.org. If interested please email me at winderranger@comcast.net and I will direct you to the leader of Co. B.

Respectfully
John A. Wyman
Co. A, CVG
Co. H, 2nd Maryland Infantry - CSA

Thanks for the information but I think North Carolina and Virginia is bit too far from Northern California.

bljfour
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I have seen the 1st Texas Infantry when I lived in Southern California and they are great. I am hoping to find a unit closer to where I live. The price of gas being what it is, I can't really afford driving 400+ miles to events or drill except for special occasions.

MDConfederate
05-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the information but I think North Carolina and Virginia is bit too far from Northern California.

My fault!!! I miss read your post. I thought you said you had moved FROM California TO North Carolina. Oh well, sorry I could not help. Best of luck.

John A. Wyman
Co. A, CVG
Co. H, 2nd Maryland Infantry

BigYankee
05-28-2008, 06:04 PM
PM'd about unit in norcal

Julius
06-25-2008, 10:07 AM
While I have never met these gentlemen in person...they have an outstanding reputation!

Check out the 1st Texas Infantry:

http://www.firsttexasinfantry.com/intro.html

It's true . We are the best on the west coast.

Julius
06-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Contact this gentelman. He is with the 14th. Tennessee in Northern California.
His name is Tony Fuzie.
Tell him the 1st Texas sent you.

mailto:Anthony.fuzie@travis.af.mil

Brian Wolle
07-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Or go to the RCWA website. I was out there last year and did one event. Actually based in Oregon, but cover Nor Cal too. I miss California!