PDA

View Full Version : Looking for unit in New York City

Denko
05-24-2008, 10:25 AM
My 14-year-old son and I would like to try out reenacting, but I can't seem to find anything in the New York City area. We live in Manhattan and don't own a car, so we need to either rent a car to get to a place near the city or (ideally) find a place accessible via public transportation.

If anyone knows of a reenacting unit in New York City, please let me know.

Dan

Anders
05-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey contact Sean Steveson of Company C of the CVG- he works in the City, and most of Company C is is based out of the local area.

stevenson26@gmail.com

Check out our web site, it is in my signature line, and you can also contact the Sgt Major, Rob Stevenson as well, at rgs318@optonline.net

Keep in miond the CVG is a progressive campaign battalion, and do things a bit more "on the edge" than most.

Hope to see you in the field!

Pards,

Kevin O'Beirne
05-26-2008, 10:14 AM
It may help if you state what type of group you're looking for: infantry, artillery, cavalry (mounted or dismounted) and whether US or Confederate. Perhaps given your age you're looking to do a civilian portrayal. Let us know that stuff and someone can direct you to one of the numerous Civil War groups that exist in the NYC metro area.

TheQM
05-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Dan,

If you are interested in Mainstream Confederate, the 8th. Battalion, ANV has units in SE New York and North Jersey.

Thanks,

muzik212
05-27-2008, 10:16 AM
Dan,

The CVG is a great group, we do both blue and gray. I command Company C. As Chris stated, most of my guys are from the NYC area so car pooling is never a problem. Im over at 53rd and Broadway. As others have said in the posts above, check out the many groups out there and see what you like. You can e-mail me direct at the address Chris listed above or PM me here.

Take care,
Sean

Dunn Browne
05-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Dan,
I suggest checking out the 119th NY. They are based out of Old Bethpage Village, L.I., but have members in the city. Their web site is www.119nysv.org.

Jeffrey Cohen
06-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Hop the train to Rahway,NJ and carpool with us.
We are going to the Camp Geiger {White Hall, PA about a 2 hr ride from Rahway} event June 13,14,& 15.
If you want to try it for the day we can work something out I'm sure.
Give a yell, but not a rebel yell {Unless we are galvanizing.
It Is My Honor To Remain Your Most Humble And Obedient Servant
Jeffrey Cohen
www.6thny.com
Sixth New York Independent Battery
Bucca's Battery
296 West Emerson Avenue
Rahway, NJ 07065-3132
Phone 732-499-0235
Cell 848-467-0299