PDA

View Full Version : North Georgia/Florida unit

michael.shafto
04-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Hello!

I am looking for contact info for any Confederate Infantry unit from Tallahassee (if I spelled that wrong, I appologise. I am from Wisconsin!) or North Georgia. I have a friend who is overseas with me who would love to join a Confederate unit. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Ross L. Lamoreaux
04-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Co. D, 2nd Florida (the Leon Rifles) is based out of Tallahassee. They are a good high-end mainstream company in the Florida Battalion, Department of the Gulf. Just do a Google search for their website or they are linked in the Florida Battalion of Infantry website as well. As for North Georgia, that area has plenty of good CS units, whether progressive or mainstream, but I'll let my Georgia compatriots pipe in on them.

GaWildcat
04-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Co A, 2nd Georgia Sharpshooters ( Co A, 64th Illinois) ranges from the Atlanta area North.

Our Website is www.georgiasharpshooters.org
contact is hughes1864@bellsouth.net
or
Lt Gene Harmon hcove06@hotmail.com

biggumbo
04-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Our unit, the 42nd Georgia, draws from Atlanta and the surrounding metropolitan area. Our website is www.42ndgeorgia.com. You can also check out the Georgia Volunteer Battalion, which is a listing of all affiliated units across the state, for one that may be closer to your friend's location if he is not in Atlanta. www.gavolbn.org

Travis

Seamus
04-19-2008, 09:48 PM
The Leon Rifles are a good group of fellas from the Tallahassee area. They represent the 2nd Florida, Company D. The primary impression is ANV. Here's the link to the Leon Rifles website:

http://www.leonrifles.com/

James Permane,
Florida Battalion of Infantry