PDA

View Full Version : Announcing a mini-medical forum on the AC Forum

NoahBriggs
04-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Introducing "Love & Laudanum":

The place to discuss nineteenth century medicine and its application in antebellum society. Includes pharmacy, surgery, dentistry and administration (paperwork).

Diagnosis, symptomology, treatments, or just weird stuff you've read and were wondering.

http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/forum/group.php?groupid=20

This will be an informal group where members (or anyone) can post questions about/discuss/obsess nineteenth century medicine. It will cover 1840 - 1866, because of course we did not spring from the ground all eighteen in 1861.

We can also post ideas on reproducing medications to have accurate taste and texture, and discuss appropriate reactions to said medicines - how are you supposed to "act" when under the influence of laudanum?

Tasteful, historic and documented discussions on drug abuse in the era may also be discussed.

The same three rules of the AC Forum apply here. I hope we have fun!

Noah Briggs, kinda/sorta moderator

Regular DOC
04-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Just signed up thanks Noah.

Brian Schwatka
3rd US Regulars Co. D

Jas. Cox
04-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Follow the leader.

cwmed
04-04-2008, 06:58 PM
me too!!!

Luke Castleberry

funhistory
04-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Already done and awaiting the discussions.

NoahBriggs
04-05-2008, 03:01 PM
A couple of discussions have already started.

hanktrent
04-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Noah,

Is there any way for members to set up email notification when messages are posted, or is it necessary to check the group's home page to see what's new?

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

NoahBriggs
04-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Good question. I am not sure. I looked in my user CP and there only seems to be "subscribe to new threads" or setting up email notifications if someone PMs you.

Tht might be a question for the AC forum mods.