PDA

View Full Version : Manassas/Bull Run Numbers?

cjdaley
06-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Has anyone heard rumors as to the actually registered numbers regarding the Manassas/Bull Run Reenactment in July? I know the Cedar Creek site can handle up to 12K participants, but didn't know how many were actually coming.

Thanks in advance for any intel you can provide on this.

indguard
06-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Does anyone really think we will ever see a mega event with more than 8,000 participants again?

tompritchett
06-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Does anyone really think we will ever see a mega event with more than 8,000 participants again?

Yes, if nothing else, there will always be the 145th Gettysburg. Even with all its negatives, the five year anniversaries of this event tend to draw reenactors from all over the world - literally.

cjdaley
06-07-2006, 12:38 AM

I ask myself the same question. Last year's Cedar Creek had 7200 (military and civlilian), but when the 130 G-burg claimed to have 13,000, who knows who to believe.

With the current state of the hobby and the growth of so many smaller, high quality events, I doubt we'll ever see a 10,000+ event ever again, but I'm not sure that's something we need to strive for:rolleyes: ....I'm just curious to see if anyone knows about the July event.

3rd Alabama
06-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Has anyone heard rumors as to the actually registered numbers regarding the Manassas/Bull Run Reenactment in July? I know the Cedar Creek site can handle up to 12K participants, but didn't know how many were actually coming.

Thanks in advance for any intel you can provide on this.

I know they are capping it at 10,000 military and civilian. Sorry I don't know the total registered as of yet. I will try and find out for you Chris

georgia
06-07-2006, 12:04 PM
if you think though we might just might be able to pull on off at gettysburg 2013. the 150th anniversary. it should be a good battle. cedar creek is nice but people always say that more people are coming but never show up. i really dont care how many people are there. as long as its accurate to the actual battle i have a good time every time.

ley74
06-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Georgia:

The question begs to be answered.