PDA

View Full Version : Perryville 06

chad greene
06-06-2006, 11:23 AM
After a successful meeting in April with several of the organizations that will be at Perryville this year it is very plain that there is alot of interest in this event.
There will be three full scale battles and a Preservation March. Saturday's Venue will include a morning engagement "The Battle of Pottsvile" and the afternoon engagement will be "The Fight for Loomis' Heights." The preservation march - "The Union Advance" will kick off Saturday morning and will be the prelude for Saturday afternoon's battle.
The Sunday Battle will be "The Fight for the Open Knob" and will be familiar to you as the engagment on McCook's left.

The Preservation March will include elements of the First Corps advanve onto the field. The march will intersect the original ground upon which the 18th US Regular Infantry moved towards the battle. Preservation March funds will be used for the restoration of the 18th US flag now in the possession of the PErryville Battlefield Museum. For more information on this go to the website www.perryvillereenactment.org.
The AOP has committed to do this march and anyone interested in falling in with us should check out the Perryville site for information.
Personally I must say that the terrain is incredible and these areas that we have access to have not seen this amount of people since October 1862. We are poised to make this a great and exciting event for all concerned.

As Reenactor Coordinator I have been extremely supportive of all reenactor participants at Perryville. I can truthfully tell you that Perryville is a reenactor friendly place and all reenactors attending will have plenty of trigger time and action will be shared equally among all participants engaging in the 3 battles.

Let me specifically address cavalry action.... cavalry will be heavily involved in all actions on the park that weekend. Please check the web site for horse restrictions as they will be enforced. We don't want people driving a long way with a horse that does not meet the standards. Please make sure to check the horse standards for medical information as well.

The park is aware that gas prices are ridiculous and to this end they have not increased the registraiton price of 10.00. It was 10.00 in 2002.
The deadline for this is July 31 and then it goes to 20.00 registration fee. The deadline was set for July 31 in order for the park to order their logistical needs like firewood and potties. Since all the registration fees goes to the preservation organization and the state is footing the bill for the event they are trying to keep costs down so that we can do this again in the future.

The military committee and park staff have spent hours working on the scenarios, camp layouts, logistics and etc. to ensure you have a great time.
Please check the Perryville websites for registration information and deadlines.
Don't wait register for this event asap. I guarantee you will have a good time.
On to Perryville
Chad Greene

RJSamp
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Great Information Chad, am chomping at the bit already for this one!

Pack lighter than normal and car pool guys.....I know it's 'doh' wisdom...but it's....Dut Da Dah.....kind of now kind of wow.....

And learn your bugle calls!

captdougofky
06-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks again Chad for calming my fears.

Doug
Lyons Battery
Kentucky

chad greene
07-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The early registration deadline is quickly approaching. You have until July 31, 2006 to get your $10.00 in. Remember that every penny of your registration money goes to battlefield preservation. The Kentucky Depratment of Parks is sponsoring the event so none of your money goes for firewood, porta potties, etc. again EVERY REGISTRATION PENNY GOES TO PRESERVATION!
Please get registered for the event now! After July 31 the fee goes up and after September 8 - registration is closed. There will be no walk ons at Perryville this year.
This is one you don't want to miss! There is something for everyone!
On to Perryville!
Your Pard,
Chad Greene

chad greene
07-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Hey Folks,
Early registration for Perryville ends July 31, 2006.
It takes 10 minutes to get registered. Go to www.perryvillereenactment.org
click under REENACTOR follow the directions and you can do it all on line.
This is going to be a great event.
You don't want to miss it.
Thanks,
Chad Greene
Reenactor Coordinator 2006

captdougofky
07-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Chad

What are the numbers looking like, I guess you notice Cobbs Ky Battery is taking 7 guns mine being one of them. We shoot together around the state so for Perryville we are falling in together so we can stay together. Looking forward to Oct.

Always
Doug Thomas
Lyons Battery

indguard
07-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Hard to say about numbers yet since the first registration deadline is not yet passed.

Numbers will be easier to determine in a few weeks or so, I'd guess.

Warner Todd Huston

captdougofky
07-26-2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks Todd

I like Perryville I guess it shows, I don't care how many show up I'll be there.

Always Doug Thomas
Lyons Battery
Kentucky