PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Hunters program in Gettysburg

Remise
03-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I didn't see "TV programs" in the film and video section, so here we are. Feel free to relocate this, moderators.

For those who enjoy the program "Ghost Hunters" (which includes myself), on the SciFi Channel, in the episode scheduled to air Wednesday, March 26th, they will be at the Cashtown Inn, just outside Gettysburg. If you live in the area, the Inn will be having a party the same night. More information is here:

http://www.inyork.com/ci_8507554?source=most_emailed

If you have never watched "Ghost Hunters," as the protagonists say, they are different from most groups involved in this hobby or whatever it is. Instead of setting out to prove a location is haunted, they do their best to prove the opposite.

B.C. Milligan
Company K, First Penna. Reserves

GrumpyDave
03-19-2008, 10:35 PM
My son and I watch the show every Wednesday. I'm surprised they aren't in town but, they'd put a whole bunch of folks out of business if they worked in Gettysburg.

Remise
03-19-2008, 11:07 PM
My son and I watch the show every Wednesday. I'm surprised they aren't in town but, they'd put a whole bunch of folks out of business if they worked in Gettysburg.

I agree!
I am writing more words because when I wrote "I agree" I was informed that my my message was too short.

Crusader16
03-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Im looking forward to this episode and yeah i agree as well

Remise
03-20-2008, 03:59 AM
I just discovered that some episodes, at least, are available as free downloads, including this one, which includes a visit to Fort Mifflin:

http://www.scifi.com/rewind/

B.C. Milligan

jerryeberg
03-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Oh, man. Ft. Mifflin was so cool! "The boss wants it deeper". And they're doing a Gettysburg one!? Awesome!!

I am so totally taking my detail out on a ghost hunt when we get to Gettysburg!

Also, Unsolved Mysteries has a Gettysburg Ghosts episode, it goes over the "Original cartridges" and "hospital in the basement" stories. Though Unsolved Mysteries only tells the stories and no footage/"proof".

Remise
03-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Oh, man. Ft. Mifflin was so cool! "The boss wants it deeper". And they're doing a Gettysburg one!? Awesome!!

I am so totally taking my detail out on a ghost hunt when we get to Gettysburg!

Also, Unsolved Mysteries has a Gettysburg Ghosts episode, it goes over the "Original cartridges" and "hospital in the basement" stories. Though Unsolved Mysteries only tells the stories and no footage/"proof".

I hope you are not blinded by the popping flashbulbs! Remember the NPS takes a dim view of people being on the field after 10 p.m.

If you really want to look for ghosts (and I have never seen any there, though I have camped on the field a number of times, when we were doing events with the Park Service), I suggest you visit the Triangular Field around dusk or dawn. Have fun!

B.C. Milligan
Company K, First Penna. Reserves

Pete K
03-25-2008, 05:15 AM
How does a new fully charged cell phone work fine on top of Little Round Top, go dead in the Triangular Field (Low battery!), then get a call from the Mrs. once we walk to the top of the rocks in the Devil's Den (and it was fully charged again)? True story, it happend to me with my Boy Scouts three years ago on the Blue and Grey hike! Spooky stuff man.