PDA

View Full Version : Florida Research Based CS Units ?

FloridaConfederate
03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
If you are out there and you would consider a research based, campaign oriented Southron Confederate Son....I would love to hear from you.

I bring a strong M/M/M and have a well researched P/E/C kit which can do several AOT, in addition to ANV, early war and civilian impressions. Additionally, I offer a pretty natural first person discourse, which I try not to sound like a high school drama production. Most importantly, I strive to be a suck it up. This being said...I DO NOT BRING AN ACCURATE PHYSICAL REPRESENTATION OF A CS SOLDIER (44 jacket / 38 trouser). I am happy to provide full pics to aid in determining if I meet your requirements.

Travel is not an issue for me to experience what I want. I have never been part of a formal unit as there is not much of this sort of thing in FL. Moving on from the hobby is where I am headed, but it is causing me a fair of amount depression as I do love it so.

If Olustee, Brooksville and Crystal River are your unit's highlight events I am probably not the guy for you.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
03-11-2008, 11:17 PM
I sent you a PM my good friend.

toptimlrd
04-08-2008, 05:23 PM
C'mon Chris take my offer to ride to Stone's River with me.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey Robert, is that anywhere near Murfreesboro?

toptimlrd
04-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Ross,

Not sure, I can check when I get home this weekend though

FloridaConfederate
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
C'mon Chris take my offer to ride to Stone's River with me.

Been checkin out the website for that event...like all WIG/AG events looks amazing.

Your offer is as always more than considerate and I do appreciate it. I dont bring an accurate enough representation for the WIG stuff...been there done that.

Thanks again.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
04-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Chris my friend, once again I think you sell yourself short. I am in awe of your personal standards and think you are a credit to living history and scholars in general, but you definitely have what it takes to make it at a WIG event, or any other for that matter. I hope you would reconsider going up there, as you add a quality few do in this hobby/lifestyle. Besides, I know for a fact that Robert only eats at fine establishments on roadtrips, so you'll fit some fine eats between all of the Cracker Barrels from North Florida to Tennessee!

FloridaConfederate
04-09-2008, 05:05 PM
RL,

As always bro you are a good man...really.

I come from a culture, as I know you do too, where a man knows his place in the order of things. Nothing more.

CR

Coatsy
04-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Christopher,

If you want to fall in at an Armory Guards event and you think you don't have the gear, just post on our message board and we'll make it work.

http://www.armoryguards.org/

The AG is more about a good attitude is better than an iffy coat or hat. We know that it takes time to get the correct gear, but a good attitude is always welcome! You are invited to make the Jekyll Island event at the beginning of May if you want! I know we haven't posted the oh so helpful guidelines yet, but it will be a mix of civilian and military gear since it is an early war L.H.

Shoot me an email at Menion687@aol.com if you have any other questions as well!

~Herb Coats
Adjutant, Armory Guards

FloridaConfederate
04-10-2008, 06:27 AM
Mr Coats,

Thanks for the invite. Your group is awesome. I long to be involved in something like the AG.

I've got the gear and attitude part covered...the problem is I dont look at all like a CW soldier in it. This fine for the local mainstream events, but I would never put myself out as a Tier 1 contender.

Keep up the great work.

Joey12thga
04-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Chris,

Take Herb, Ross, or Robert up on their offer.

75 percent of the progressive side of the hobvy doenst even look like a CW soldier. We are either too old or too fat. I personally am a Well-Federate (Well-Federal sometimes).

DOn't worry about your appearance, you have the gear, you have the attitude so get out and go to one of the events.

Stop worrying.

FloridaConfederate
04-10-2008, 01:01 PM
You guys are all first rate, leaders in the accuracy side of the hobby, sutlers, unit reps, craftsmen...

I am firm in the belief that if I am going to go for the varsity... I better have the varsity impression... cash got me the facade, book time got me the head part and more self-discipline has gotten me closer to an accurate look, I have come along way..... but not there yet.

When I can meet modern standards for height / weight...which is about 40 jacket / 34 trouser for me..I wont miss one of these events for the world.

You can count on it.

If someone one wants to do something in FL which is accurate and heavy on the research / history but with an understanding up front we aren't Tier 1 material...shoot me a PM.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Chris (and others), I thought I'd let you know that we've got the plans in the works for a researched based, history heavy seminar/living history coming up this summer at Hillsborough County Veteran's Park near Tampa. We will be hosting a Confederate Navy Day (I'll post the exact date when I get back home), which will consist of training on an actual launch, amphibious operations on the coast, seminars on uniforms and accoutrements, and basic sewing instruction. I will be posting an open invitation on this forum soon with more details, but this is something that will be part living history, part school of the sailor, and all research based. We also invite Confederate infantry to take part, as there were alot of Army of Tennessee vets who transferred to the CS Navy, many forming the crews of several boats of the Savannah Squadron, and through research it would not be incorrect to be performing as a sailor still wearing and using Army gear from the AoT. Again, I'll put out a formal invite with a little more details.