PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln did not die!

Remise
02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Seriously! Well, maybe not....

http://www.asylum.com/2008/02/19/abe-lincoln-alive-and-well/

B.C. Maybe I Should Not Use My Real Name Mess Milligan

RMhisteach
02-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Nice,

President like wears Rockports and roams around in someones woods Very funny. :D

Rod Miller

tompritchett
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Reminds me of some of the shows on the Bigfoot.

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
02-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Hallo!

I know for a fact that President Lincoln is still alive...
As locks of his hair turn up on EBAY.

CHS

tompritchett
02-21-2008, 06:57 PM
As locks of his hair turn up on EBAY.

His or from the clone's? Or from the clones that did not live during the earlier trials for developing the procedure for bring him back? One never knows. Ebay should have better credential checking for goods being sold there. :)

MBond057
02-21-2008, 07:26 PM
Maybe Lincoln resides in Point Look Out in which hundreds of Marylanders were arrested and held without any justification, only for having southern sympathies and speaking their minds.

Sounds a little like the Patriot Act of 1861, I mean 2001.

Zourab
02-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Maybe Lincoln resides in Point Look Out in which hundreds of Marylanders were arrested and held without any justification, only for having southern sympathies and speaking their minds. Sounds a little like the Patriot Act of 1861, I mean 2001. As if the Confederacy was much better. A large number of "political prisoners" were held in the the POW camp at Salisbury, NC. Those folks were only "speaking their minds" too.

Oh, and by the way, lets not forget the Great Hanging of Union sympathizers in Gainsville, TX in 1862. Oddly enough, some of those victims were not even Union sympathizers at all but apparently the Confederates perfered to just "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

If you want to get into specifics about Maryland, southern sympathies didn't have much tolereance for any of their neighbors who had Union sympathies. The only person in St. Mary's County to publically admit to having voted for Lincoln in 1860 was bushwacked on his way home from the polls. Later on a Union officer who came to Calvert County to recruit for the USCTs among the former slaves was murdered by two locals.

tompritchett
02-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Let's just say that tolerance for dissenting opinions was not the strong suit for either side during the war.

MBond057
02-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Was the Maryland outcry after Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus or after the Baltimore Riots? Why was the song “Maryland my Maryland” written. It wasn’t to approve of the federal occupation.

Lincoln’s polices and treatment of Maryland did escalate the national crisis, but let’s be honest the victor writes the history. I suggest you dig into the Maryland archives and read letters written from Marylanders about the storm that descended on the “Old Line State” by Lincoln’s treatment of Maryland

Many Marylanders tried to stay neutral, mainly for the economic and social ties to both the north and south. They were just trying to weather the national storm. Lincoln’s policies forced many Marylanders to side with the Confederacy because the state was placed under Martial Law.

I’m not justifying a few radicals on either side of the war who became judge, jury, and executioner, and killed innocent people for their political views. We are allowed to having opposing view points in this country without the threat of incarceration.

I do have problems with Lincoln’s policies that affected Marylanders in the name of “National Security”.

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”. …..Benjamin Franklin

Slickrick214
02-22-2008, 12:09 AM
I guess they forgot that if he was still alive he would be 147 years old.:p :smile: :lol:

Frenchie
02-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I guess they forgot that if he was still alive he would be 147 years old.:p :smile: :lol:

He'd be 199 years old a week ago last Tuesday.

jthlmnn
02-22-2008, 08:32 PM
The portrait hidden in the closet looks 199 years old, Abe himself looks the same as he did in 1864. :-)

Parault
02-22-2008, 11:12 PM
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”. …..Benjamin Franklin

Correct me if I am wrong, but, haven't I seen that somewhere before?

Slickrick214
02-22-2008, 11:13 PM

Oops bad math there. :oops:

MBond057
02-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Ben Franklin made that comment last week in Philadelphia when he was campaign for Illinois Sen. Barack Obama. :D

I guess you can claim this comment as your own. Plagiarism is popular these days as Hillary Clinton has pointed out. :rolleyes:

Swag
02-24-2008, 06:10 PM
That is just to funny, I watched it and I just couldn't believe someone made it. Thanks for the good laugh.

Remise
02-25-2008, 12:06 PM
I cannot believe how creative some people can be, and you are welcome.

B.C. Milligan, Company K, First Penna. Reserves

DaveGink
02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Hilarious!

Great nod to Roger Patterson's '67 Bigfoot footage.

That was Bob Odenkirk in the clip. So I'm wondering if it was a Mr. Show sketch.

They also did this one on reenacting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2XlSXcwJ3o

Swag
02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Ah boy that one is good Dave!

bulletsponge
02-27-2008, 11:25 PM
OK, so where's Elvis?

tompritchett
02-28-2008, 12:31 AM
OK, so where's Elvis?

Lincoln's bodyguard. Elvis attended the Pinkerton School of disguise. That's why no one recognizes him now.

Slickrick214
02-29-2008, 12:04 AM
OK, so where's Elvis?

Hiding out and poking himself with dirty needles.