PDA

View Full Version : First time to Gettysburg

Parault
02-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Who will be going to either Gettysburg events for the first time?
Any units going to both?

KarinTimour
02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I'll be set up with socks and knit goods at "At High Tide" the event in late June. I've never been to a Gettysburg reenactment, and I'm looking forward to it. I've been to the town and the battlefield many times over the years, and enjoy walking the battlefield with people who know their stuff -- whether friends, guides or guidebooks.

If you're an old friend, come see me on sutler row. If we've not met, come by and introduce yourself -- I always get a kick out of meeting people whose posts I've been reading on the boards, sometimes for years. It's good to have a face to put with the name.

Sincerely,
Karin Timour
Period Knitting -- Socks, Sleeping hats, Balaclavas
Atlantic Guard Soldiers' Aid Society
Email: Ktimour@aol.com

chatrbug
02-06-2008, 06:46 AM
We will be going to both.. both our first also. Our unit isnt going to make it to either though so we will be on our own.

flattop32355
02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Went as a tourist a couple times, and as spectator to the 140th reenactment.

This will be the first time as a reeanctor. I'll be there for At High Tide.

Company C, 9th KY
02-06-2008, 08:05 PM
My company is going to "At High Tide", it will be a first time there for me. I was hoping we would be going to at least ONE of the events!

mmescher
02-06-2008, 08:12 PM
I'll be at the July 4-6 Gettysburg north of town set up on sutler row as Ragged Soldier Sutlery. Be sure and drop by, say "good morning" or "good afternoon" (and let me know you are a forum member), and play with my demonstrator toys.

Michael Mescher

jerryeberg
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Both myself and everyone from my company are going to Gettysburg for our first time. The anniversary one.

DaveGink
02-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Both myself and another member from the 2nd US is going to Gettysburg for our first times. The At High Tide one.

Looking forward to it!!!

One other member is hoping to go to the July 4th weekend one.

Doug Cooper
02-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Speaking of At High Tide - anyone looking for a quality federal home for this event:

Currently recruiting those who wish to portray western federal soldiers for At High Tide June 27-29 in Gettysburg. Jim Moffett, Western Brigade commander in the First Federal Division, is organizing an 8 company regiment that will portray these western soldiers within the Army of the Potomac. Current plans are for our battalion to portray a regiment of the Iron Brigade on July 1st, the 1st Minnesota on July 2nd and a regiment of Carroll's Brigade (Ohio, Indiana or West Virginia) July 2nd on Cemetery Hill. Base impression for the weekend will be the 1st Minnesota.

There will be a battalion full ration issue and we are planning a march to the event site through the battlefield itself. The event site is the same as used for the movie Gettysburg and is an excellent venue.

Other units across the country currently planning to attend in our regiment include the Potomac Legion, 1st and 2nd Minnesota, SCAR, and various unattached messes. If interested, please contact one of the following:

Register here: http://www.wmhf.org/athightide/registration.html. List your unit as the Western Brigade, FFD. Postmark your registration by Feb 17 to take advantage of the early registration price of $25.

Commander Jim Moffet is working out the exact costs of the rations and corps badges, and will have an announcement up very shortly.

Like me, if you have long ago given up on finding a reenactment at Gettysburg that features real standards and accurate scenarios wrapped into a regimental level experience, this is your chance. Join us!!

Crabby
02-11-2008, 09:55 AM
We are planning on being at the "A High Tide" event. Will be set up on sutler's row (new to us - we usually set up in camps.).

medicalcadetcorp
02-11-2008, 06:09 PM
The Susquehanna Rifles will be attending AHT

Poor Private
02-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Looks like the 1st Michigan is coming to the 145th event. and may be staying afterwards to visit the sites--Alot of us it's the first time.

7thNJcoA
02-11-2008, 10:03 PM
the unit is doing the 145th Personally I am going to try and make at high tide

steve12201
02-21-2008, 01:17 PM
My family and I will be attending the 4-6 weekend event. It will be my second large scale reenactment as I will be attending the 145th Chancellorsvile event at the Isle of Wright County in April also. I reenact with the 1st Virginia in Arizona so it should prove to be quite a trip.

I grew up in PA and used to spectate Gettysburg every summer. Figures, I move to AZ and THEN get into reenacting. Oh well.

Our battles are quite small here in AZ but we have a good time. I'm looking for a reb unit to adopt me at Gettysburg because I understand we need to be assigned to a specific unit. Any takers?

Steve

BurroughsBattery
02-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Steve,
Burrough's Battery will be attending the GAC event on the 4-6th. We are located in East Tennessee. This will be our first Gettysburg event as well. We have registered horse drawn artillery with 2 guns. We are regsitered US, (CS was already full) and could use a couple more cannoneers. You are welcome to attend with us. You can email me for a unit packet. We are family oriented and your family is welcome with us as well. No artillery experience necessary.

Take care,
Steve
AKM556@aol.com

IsleGuy57
02-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Steve, the 25th NC will be going to the event you mentioned. We will be a part of the Carolina Legion on the field. We have a mixed group and I am sure you would be welcome to fall in with us. I will have to check with the unit to be sure but they are a very welcoming bunch.

ElijahsGrtGranddaughter
02-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Will be attending both 'At High Tide' and the 4th of July Celebration for the very first time. And I'm looking forward to it greatly. :D

With the 4th of July celebration, the majority of our unit, The 8th Georgia, will be doing the Living History portion.

~Kerri

Poor Private
02-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Looks like 1/2 the 1st Mich. are going and quite a few of us are first timers in both going there and participating.

CUPP
02-27-2008, 07:59 AM
I adjusted my leave from the Navy to attend At High Tide and even plan on taking the monday after the event to see the Battlefield. Sounds like its going to be a great G-burg event. No Picketts Charge where over half of the confederate force storms the angle as in the 140th ! Bring on At High Tide

BlueSuedeBrogans
03-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Is there anybody driving down from Syracuse area for Gettysburg? I'm flying into Syracuse to have some family time and take part in the event. I'm originally from Upstate, NY and would like to participate with a unit, rather than go independently.

Poor Private
03-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Looks like I may staying home-- the price of gas and pecuniary stragulation.

jerryeberg
03-14-2008, 02:45 AM
Looks like 1/2 the 1st Mich. are going and quite a few of us are first timers in both going there and participating.

Yes, but the 3rd MI, Co I is going and will be mustering in with the 1st. Looks like you guys will finally have some class in your ranks.

CUPP
03-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Looks like I may staying home-- the price of gas and pecuniary stragulation.

Im still going to both, Going to be one fun time have not been to a teenactment in over a yr. At High Tide sounds fun and seeing old friends at GAC even better...... Wouldnt pass it up for anything

MMurphy
03-15-2008, 02:23 AM
Wanted to do both, but can't...new job, price of gas, and funds...so I will be doing the 4-6 event...I'll be the only one from my unit that is going, so I am falling in with my fellow friends from 44th Tenn.

First time there and looking forward to it!:)