PDA

View Full Version : Fort Pocahontas?

VaTrooper
05-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Anyone go and wanna comment?

frankstevanus
05-22-2006, 07:56 PM
You should have gone to Steppingstone, Wildman. No loading more than one cylinder and they did have a woman wearing one of those wool field dresses. Authentic reenacting at its' finest!

VaTrooper
05-22-2006, 08:41 PM
I fired my shotgun so much I had to pour water along the barrel so I could touch it. Went through 98 rounds.

Chuck A Luck
05-23-2006, 01:19 PM
Anyone go and wanna comment?

William,

It was a pleasure seeing you Little Fork Rangers on Saturday. It was also good to see the 30+ USCT fellers come out. Nice to get to an event where them fellers can be (and are) appreciated.

On Sunday's battle my unit (3rd Md. Co. A, NR) was on the right of the Federal line, and I personally espied many a 4th Va. cavalier o'er my sights. I took many shots -- most all at "Wardawg" -- but failed to drop the old coot, even at a mere 50 yards. Finally, ya'll charged the Few & Proud (5?) marine contingent (on extreme right) and when they fired a volley, there was not a LF Ranger left standing.

It was my first trip to Wilson's Wharf, and we were blessed with good weather and nice, shady camping areas ...but I'm *so* looking forward to Shen'62, now less than 2 wks away.

VaTrooper
05-23-2006, 05:33 PM
It was a tread to see the CT's come out in force, there was only a handful alst year. It takes more than Yankee lead to drop Wardawg, needs to be atleast 4 foot of nasty swamp water. The weather was nice last year too but they didnt have a tatical, we ended up just trail riding through the backwoods. Steve can be a hard man to track down so drop me a line if you need to contact him.

mhslax35@aol.com

rebellady
05-30-2006, 09:42 PM
I found Ft. Pocahontas a nice little event. We were treated well and the James River was beautiful! Had a ball wadin' at the Wharf, and the artillery nightfire was excellent down at the Wharf that night. It really rocked and echoed all the way down the river. I also enjoyed the entertainment in the Cav. camp Sat. night. Any comments on that?;) Really had a great time there!

Miss Tammi

Remise
05-30-2006, 09:53 PM
I hate to be a nuisance, but as its title implies, this folder is for event announcements, not AARs. The provosts usually point this out, but they seem to be very busy these days. I suggest you guys have this discussion in the general folder, which would probably get you more viewers anyway.

B.C. Milligan

VaTrooper
05-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Miss Tammi,
You see that goofy fellow fall in that swap after sippin on the shine?

rebellady
05-31-2006, 06:41 PM
Ole Dawgs die hard! Actually I was afraid I'd be one in the cellar with "Low Shoulders" and his friends. We relocated one of them, but there were others! I was the flatfooter in camp Sat. Night, part of the 2nd VA's entertainment. Had a blast!

Tammi

VaTrooper
05-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Are you with the 2nd? Took me that long to see the typo was ment to be "swamp" But that was my Lt.

rebellady
06-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Sir,

Yep, I'm with the 2nd. My hubby is Sgt. Sexton aka Chief of Piece. It was great practice for the horse-drawn before 1st. Manassas. We need to practice all we can to be on our toes. Hope to see you there!

Tammi

VaTrooper
06-01-2006, 07:29 PM
Dont know if i'll see ya but i'll be there